Sipdiscount and Voipbuster accounts on Iaxcomm

Old November 6th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Default Sipdiscount and Voipbuster accounts on Iaxcomm

For those who have Voipbuster and SIPdiscount accounts who want to run
both from software on your PC, try the iaxcomm client (win, lin, mac)
from he
http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/

To setup your Voipbuster account, go to accounts, add:

--
Account Name: VoipbusterUsername
Host: iax.voipbuster.com

and for your SIPdiscount account add:

--
Account Name: sipdiscountUsername
Host: sip.sipdiscount.com (iax.voipbuster.com also works here!)

The virbiage-firefly third party software can also do this (windows
only).

Paul

Old November 6th 05, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

If you want a firefox based IAX2 soft phone, goto
http://moziax.mozdev.org

Old November 6th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 5 Nov 2005 16:41:02 -0800, "Julius" wrote:

If you want a firefox based IAX2 soft phone, goto
http://moziax.mozdev.org

I have installed this but I am unsure on how to set it up properly.
Do you have to use an Asterisk box or can it be used as a stand-alone
softphone?
I just want to use it with voipcheap. When I use their software it
always locks up.
I haven't found a suitable guide to setting up MozPhone as a
stand-alone softphone - any suggestions?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 6th 05, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

Do you have to use an Asterisk box or can it be used as a stand-alone
softphone?

You as a client only need to connect to a server offering IAX

I just want to use it with voipcheap. When I use their software it
always locks up.

I don't think voipcheap allow SIP or IAX, only their own softphone
(beats me why they are doing this since, voipbuster/sipdiscount are all
their products too)

But you can try it with voipbuster for definite, I don't know if
sipdiscount allow IAX

JP

Old November 6th 05, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Brian A wrote:
I just want to use it with voipcheap. When I use their software it
always locks up.

Brian, I suppose you've tried unistalling before reinstalling the
latest version?

Voipcheap and Netappel (both Finarea companies) accounts don't work in
iaxcomm, nor in the virbiage client. According to this thread, they are
both encrypted:
http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_2812.html

Paul