Cisco 7912G IP Phone or Snom 190

Old November 6th 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

Default Cisco 7912G IP Phone or Snom 190

Hi,

like the subject says, given the choice (forget price, I'm just asking
about quality here), would you go for:

a) Cisco 7912G IP Phone
b) Snom 190

If you have used both, please state this as I'll be interested to know
this.

I would be using the phone over an adsl line and would in time like to
setup Asterix pbx on my linux box to add functionality. Usage is
residential.

Please keep answers short but justify your choice. Please don't flame
over stuff! Play nicely.

Many thanks,

Ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435
Old November 6th 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Smith

I would also be interested in peoples views on these phones as I am also
looking from a residential position,

--
Regards,

John Smith
Microsoft Partner

in...

Old November 29th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Natedogg

Hi,

Currently i have both of these on my desk. Both have excelent
build quality and sound quality is great on both too.

Cisco:
Nice looking phone.
Arse to configure.
Have to buy smartnet to get sip firmeware.
They try to get you to buy a sip user license.
Slow to boot.

Snom:
Works straight out of the box.
Boots in 10 seconds.
Speaker phone quality can be a little tinny.
Not as astetically pleasing.

Hope this helps

Nathan

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old November 30th 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris

"Natedogg" wrote in message
Hi,

Currently i have both of these on my desk. Both have excelent
build quality and sound quality is great on both too.

Cisco:
Nice looking phone.
Arse to configure.
Have to buy smartnet to get sip firmeware.
They try to get you to buy a sip user license.
Slow to boot.

Snom:
Works straight out of the box.
Boots in 10 seconds.
Speaker phone quality can be a little tinny.
Not as astetically pleasing.

Hope this helps

Nathan

You can buy the Cisco phone with SIP already on it. Also Smartnet on that
phone is only about 5 (I believe). Have you looked the 7940 is a bit more
but a damn site easier config.

Chris...