Sipdiscount on ATA anyone ?

Old November 9th 05, 02:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Default Sipdiscount on ATA anyone ?

Got it working with X-Pro, but not on my Draytek router. It rings then hangs
up with my user settings, or is engaged with test setting.
Other Draytek users report the same problem.

(Voipbuster used to work just fine. Damn Finarea)

Would anyone who got it working on an ATA / router please report.
Thanks, regards,
Martin

Old November 9th 05, 07:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Martin²" schreef in bericht
Got it working with X-Pro, but not on my Draytek router. It rings then
hangs up with my user settings, or is engaged with test setting.
Other Draytek users report the same problem.

(Voipbuster used to work just fine. Damn Finarea)

both on my Draytek 2900VG and my Snon 190 the same ...

Old November 9th 05, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh [email protected]:
"Martin²" schreef in bericht
Got it working with X-Pro, but not on my Draytek router. It rings
then hangs up with my user settings, or is engaged with test setting.
Other Draytek users report the same problem.

(Voipbuster used to work just fine. Damn Finarea)

both on my Draytek 2900VG and my Snon 190 the same ...

Working fine on my PAP2 ATA.

Old November 10th 05, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Welcome:
Working fine on my PAP2 ATA.

Could you please post all of your settings ?
Can't understand why it doesn't work with other ATAs / routers.
Thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old November 10th 05, 05:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Martin²:
Welcome:
Working fine on my PAP2 ATA.

Could you please post all of your settings ?
Can't understand why it doesn't work with other ATAs / routers.
Thanks,
regards,
Martin

I have the STUN set up as: stun.sipdiscount.com

Then on my line 1:

NAT Mapping Enable: YES
NAT Keep Alive Enable: YES

Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
Use Outbound Proxy: NO
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: NO
Register: YES

User ID: [SIP Discount User ID]
Password: [SIP Discount Password]

Preferred Codec: G729a
Use Pref Codec Only: YES

Dial Plan is currently set to: (*xx|xx.) as I haven't got around to testing
other settings, therefore having to dial 0044121......

Old November 10th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mark kelly

does anyone have something about these dial plan? I have not change my
yet but I want to so that instead of dialing 0044xxxxxx
I just dial 0xxxxxx. If that is possible.

Old November 10th 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 10 Nov 2005 11:17:04 -0800, "mark kelly"
wrote:

does anyone have something about these dial plan? I have not change my
yet but I want to so that instead of dialing 0044xxxxxx
I just dial 0xxxxxx. If that is possible.

0:0044[1-2]xx.:@gw4
Where :@gw4 is the gateway you wish to use (in this case gateway 4).
If you are using your primary provider omit :@gw4.
If you just want to dial a local number you should include:-
:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw4
In this case 00441274 is the code for Bradford - substitute your own
area code. Omit :@gw4 if you are using your primary provider.
Seperate each rule with a '|' and surround with bracketsto give:-

(0:0044[1-2]xx.:@gw4|:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw4)

Hope that this helps.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 11th 05, 02:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

{Welcome},
thanks for posting your settings, I tried every which way, but while I can
register, any calls get immediately disconnected. The only difference I can
think of, is that your PAP2 is presumably in a DMZ. And of course I have not
paid them 5 Euros yet.

Maybe need to open some ports on my Draytek VoIP router ?
Has anybody got it working of any hardware, other then PAP2 and Asterisk ?
Thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old November 11th 05, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian A:
wrote:

does anyone have something about these dial plan? I have not change
my yet but I want to so that instead of dialing 0044xxxxxx
I just dial 0xxxxxx. If that is possible.

0:0044[1-2]xx.:@gw4
Where :@gw4 is the gateway you wish to use (in this case gateway 4).
If you are using your primary provider omit :@gw4.
If you just want to dial a local number you should include:-
:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw4
In this case 00441274 is the code for Bradford - substitute your own
area code. Omit :@gw4 if you are using your primary provider.
Seperate each rule with a '|' and surround with bracketsto give:-

(0:0044[1-2]xx.:@gw4|:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw4)

Hope that this helps.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

This is the dial plan I have created to use with Sip Discount:

(0:0044[1-8]xx.|999:00441216874070|:0044121[2-8]xxxxxxS0 |##:00xx.)

I have included ## to dial 00, as I need to dial internationally and without
the ## substitute it doesn't work, anyone know how to get the dial plan to
work with both using the standard 00 for international calls and also
translating 0 to dial 0044?

Old November 11th 05, 08:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Martin²:
{Welcome},
thanks for posting your settings, I tried every which way, but while
I can register, any calls get immediately disconnected. The only
difference I can think of, is that your PAP2 is presumably in a DMZ.
And of course I have not paid them 5 Euros yet.

Maybe need to open some ports on my Draytek VoIP router ?
Has anybody got it working of any hardware, other then PAP2 and
Asterisk ? Thanks,
regards,
Martin

Just a note: I haven't forwarded any ports, nor put my PAP2 into a DMZ. It
just works!