Sipgate - voicemail when offline, crediting account

Old November 9th 05, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

Default Sipgate - voicemail when offline, crediting account

Does the sipgate "divert to voicemail if not connected" work OK, and
if so how long does it take to realise that an ATA has gone offline. I
tried one last night, unplugged the ethernet and waited a minute or
so, called and didn't get to voicemail. The website showed the
attempted call, and when plugged in and left to ring out the voicemail
worked too. So either I ddin't wait long enough or it was broken at
the time.

Also last night couldn't credit money to demonstrate outbound calls on
Sipgate, anyone used it OK today ?

Incoming number and sipgate - sipgate calls were fine.

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old November 9th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil Thompson" wrote in
message
Does the sipgate "divert to voicemail if not connected"
work OK, and if so how long does it take to realise that
an ATA has gone offline. I tried one last night,
unplugged the ethernet and waited a minute or so, called
and didn't get to voicemail. The website showed the
attempted call, and when plugged in and left to ring out
the voicemail worked too. So either I ddin't wait long
enough or it was broken at the time.

In general the server doesn't know you're offline until the registration
interval you have set in your equipment has expired. So if you set this to
10 minutes then it won't know you're offline for that long, if it's set to
1 hour (as it is by default on some of the Grandstream boxes) then that's
how long you'll have to wait..!

Also last night couldn't credit money to demonstrate
outbound calls on Sipgate, anyone used it OK today ?

Haven't had to use this for a while as I still have plenty of credit on
all my numbers but I'll see what I can find out. Did you call 10200 for
the security code first..?

Incoming number and sipgate - sipgate calls were fine.

Ivor

Old November 9th 05, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:02:29 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

In general the server doesn't know you're offline until the registration
interval you have set in your equipment has expired. So if you set this to
10 minutes then it won't know you're offline for that long, if it's set to
1 hour (as it is by default on some of the Grandstream boxes) then that's
how long you'll have to wait..!

thanks, understand now.

Also last night couldn't credit money to demonstrate
outbound calls on Sipgate, anyone used it OK today ?

Haven't had to use this for a while as I still have plenty of credit on
all my numbers but I'll see what I can find out. Did you call 10200 for
the security code first..?

no. This may hav been a contributory error ! Two of us were looking at
it, our first error was trying to use a Debit card then we saw that
box and read the wording as "phone 10200 with the security code"
rather than "phone 10200 to get a security code and type it in here".
It didn't say "please enter the number" it just went to an error page
in a flash, like the server was down or something.

Supplementary question - can we register two ATAs on one account and
have them online at the same time, and both ring on incoming ?

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old November 9th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alex

Supplementary question - can we register two ATAs on one account and
have them online at the same time, and both ring on incoming ?

Yes, sipgate allow this. You can see it work for yourself with a softphone
and ATA, you can have your ATA registered and run x-lite or something
similar and when a call is incoming, both ring. (As long as all ports are
set up correctly if on the same LAN...) Its the same principle for 2 ATA's.

Alex

Old November 9th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil Thompson" wrote in
message
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:02:29 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

[snip]

Haven't had to use this for a while as I still have
plenty of credit on all my numbers but I'll see what I
can find out. Did you call 10200 for the security code
first..?

no. This may hav been a contributory error ! Two of us
were looking at it, our first error was trying to use a
Debit card then we saw that box and read the wording as
"phone 10200 with the security code" rather than "phone
10200 to get a security code and type it in here". It
didn't say "please enter the number" it just went to an
error page in a flash, like the server was down or
something.

One thing I didn't mention, you only have to use the code obtained from
10200 once, the first time you ever credit the account. You shouldn't need
it for subsequent credit transactions.

Supplementary question - can we register two ATAs on one
account and have them online at the same time, and both
ring on incoming ?

Yes. The first one to pick up locks the other out until you've finished
the call.

Ivor

Old November 9th 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:22:44 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

One thing I didn't mention, you only have to use the code obtained from
10200 once, the first time you ever credit the account. You shouldn't need
it for subsequent credit transactions.

indeed. You only do it once.

The wording is "Before you can credit your account for the first time
you'll have to call the sipgate number 10200 from your sipgate account
and enter the provided security code."

this to me says "call the number, and enter the provided code" as
opposed to "call the number to receive a code which you then enter on
here". Lost in translation perhaps.

its not ringing in either today, bit of egg-on-face :-(

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old November 10th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| [snip]
||| Supplementary question - can we register two ATAs on one
||| account and have them online at the same time, and both
||| ring on incoming ?
|| Yes. The first one to pick up locks the other out until you've finished
|| the call.
|| Ivor

When you say "The first one to pick up locks the other out"..............do
you mean just for that call? or would the second unit be unable to make
outgoing calls or receive a second call?

Old November 10th 05, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message
news
Ivor Jones wrote:
[snip]

Supplementary question - can we register two ATAs
on one account and have them online at the same
time, and both ring on incoming ?

Yes. The first one to pick up locks the other out
until you've finished the call.

Ivor

When you say "The first one to pick up locks the other
out"..............do you mean just for that call? or
would the second unit be unable to make outgoing calls or
receive a second call?

Just for the duration of the call.

Ivor