Incoming PSTN calls

Old November 12th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cogs

Default Incoming PSTN calls

Hi All

I have an intermittent problem with incoming PSTN calls. Sometimes the i
can answer with no problems but other times although the phone will ring
when answered it is dead. The person ringing in does not realise the
phone has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am using a
ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.

Any ideas?
Old November 12th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Cogs" wrote in message

Hi All

I have an intermittent problem with incoming PSTN calls.
Sometimes the i can answer with no problems but other
times although the phone will ring when answered it is
dead. The person ringing in does not realise the phone
has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am
using a ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.
Any ideas?

Which network..?

Ivor

Old November 12th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Cogs" wrote in message

Hi All

I have an intermittent problem with incoming PSTN calls.
Sometimes the i can answer with no problems but other
times although the phone will ring when answered it is
dead. The person ringing in does not realise the phone
has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am
using a ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.
Any ideas?

Which network..?

I get this with Sipgate; I'm at work and phone home to the Sipgate number.
It rings and rings for a long time but no reply. Then I call my wife's
mobile and find she is at home but although she answered the Sipgate phone
immediately it just went dead and she hung it up again.

Old November 12th 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cogs

The Voip number seems ok, it is just the PSTN number that causes a
problem however the fault is the same as yours, wierd.

Thanks

Old November 12th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Joe Harrison" wrote in message

[snip]

I get this with Sipgate; I'm at work and phone home to
the Sipgate number. It rings and rings for a long time
but no reply. Then I call my wife's mobile and find she
is at home but although she answered the Sipgate phone
immediately it just went dead and she hung it up again.

I just did some tests with my Sipgate lines, all ring ok when I call them
from my mobile, sometimes there is a second or two delay after I answer
before the speech path is switched through, but 99% of the time it's fine.

Ivor

Old November 13th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

I've modified my SPA3000 settings a bit but mostly they are still the
default US ones. I'm wondering if it has difficulty detecting that the DECT
phone has gone off-hook. I'll post in here if I find anything.

Old November 13th 05, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cogs

Hi

Thanks for your input, if i find anything else out i will let you know
Cheers

Old November 13th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Joe Harrison" wrote in message
news
I've modified my SPA3000 settings a bit but mostly they
are still the default US ones. I'm wondering if it has
difficulty detecting that the DECT phone has gone
off-hook. I'll post in here if I find anything.

The ATA has no way of knowing (nor does it really care..!) what type of
phone you have connected, whether it is a DECT or a wired one. It will
however expect the phone to conform to the regional specifications for the
line settings, such as FXS port impedance. For the US it is 600 ohms, for
a UK specification phone it should be 270+750||150nF.

This may or may not have anything to do with the problem, but it's worth
checking.

I have a full list of UK settings for the Sipura SPA-2000 if they're of
any help, the 3000 is very similar except for the PSTN port.

Ivor