Trying to setup SIPDiscount on Twinkie

Old November 12th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Default Trying to setup SIPDiscount on Twinkie

I've just installed Twinkie, apparently quite a good SIP client on
Linux. I can't find anything in this group about information about this
client. My settings a

-- SIP Account --
Your name: test
Username: (sipdiscount username)
Domain: sipdiscount.com

-- SIP Authentication --
Realm: sipdiscount.com
Name: (sipdiscount username)
Password: (sipdiscount password)

-- Registrar --
Registrar: sip.sipdiscount.com

-- Outbound proxy --
Enabled: yes
Outbound Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com

-- NAT --
Transveral: Use STUN
STUN server: stun.sipdiscount.com

When I try to login, I'm prompted for a login for the realm 'asterisk'.
I put my SIP Discount username and password but I get the error
'Registration failed: 403 Forbidden'

Any ideas?

Old November 13th 05, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Someone here posted their sipdiscount settings for Asterisk just a few days
ago.
Try a search.
Regards,
Martin

Old November 13th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TrippyZ

I can't find this client on freshmeat. Can we have a link please?

Does it do multiple accounts? Is so, are you sure that the
authentication request is actually for your sipdiscount connection?

Old November 13th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

TrippyZ wrote:
I can't find this client on freshmeat. Can we have a link please?

Sorry, it's called Twinkle actually.
http://freshmeat.net/projects/twinkle/

Does it do multiple accounts? Is so, are you sure that the
authentication request is actually for your sipdiscount connection?

I've only setup 1 account.

Old November 13th 05, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-11-12, J Smith wrote:
[...]

Try dispensing with the realm; you do not have to access multiple
realms and Sipdiscount's proxy most likely authenticates you from the
username and password combination.

You might also consider choosing either an outbound proxy or a STUN
server. Having both may not cause a problem but only one NAT traversal
technique is required.

Brian.