Is 1899 voip still alive?

Old November 13th 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stickems.

Default Is 1899 voip still alive?

It doesn't work any more.

Old November 13th 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stickems.

CORRECTION - It does work today I just tried it. It was down (not out) when
I tried it the other day.

reenews.net...

Old November 13th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Stickems.:
CORRECTION - It does work today I just tried it. It was down (not
out) when I tried it the other day.

"Stickems." wrote in message
reenews.net...
It doesn't work any more.

"Al" wrote in message
I recall a while ago I registered at 1899.com for VoIP. Now when I
look back on their website I see that the VoIP link points to
voipcheap. What's the situation regarding those who registered VoIP
at 1899.com - can they still use 1899 VoIP or is that no longer
valid?

18866 VoIP is alive too.

Old November 13th 05, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stickems.

I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00 PPM until
Friday last. Haven't used them over the weekend as OneTel are free. They
have just increased the rate to 0.05 PPM. I don't know about using an ATA
with 1899.

Old November 14th 05, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark BR

"Al" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:37:27 -0000, Stickems. wrote:

I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00 PPM
until
Friday last.

In that case I see no point in using 1899 voip as it's the same price
as calling from PSTN. For me the only reason for using VoIP is that it
must be cheaper than making the equivalent call using PSTN.

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of the
major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

Old November 14th 05, 06:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mark BR:
"Al" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:37:27 -0000, Stickems. wrote:

I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00
PPM until
Friday last.

In that case I see no point in using 1899 voip as it's the same price
as calling from PSTN. For me the only reason for using VoIP is that
it must be cheaper than making the equivalent call using PSTN.

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of
the major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on VoIP.

Old November 14th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark BR

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Mark BR:

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of
the major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on VoIP.

Never quite understand that.

How do you have Internet without some form of landline being attached to the
system?

Mark BR

Old November 14th 05, 08:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mark BR:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message k...
Thus spaketh Mark BR:

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of
the major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on
VoIP. Never quite understand that.

How do you have Internet without some form of landline being attached
to the system?

Mark BR

Telewest broadband.

Have recently dumped my BT landline once I had VoIP running to my
satisfaction.

Old November 14th 05, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark BR

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Mark BR:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message k...
Thus spaketh Mark BR:

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of
the major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on
VoIP. Never quite understand that.

How do you have Internet without some form of landline being attached
to the system?

Mark BR

Telewest broadband.

Have recently dumped my BT landline once I had VoIP running to my
satisfaction.

Ah - thought that a cable automatically gave you the telephone, didn't know
you could just have the broadband part. No cable near us!

Mark BR

Old November 19th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:59:36 +0700, Mark BR wrote:

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Mark BR:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message k...
Thus spaketh Mark BR:

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of
the major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on
VoIP. Never quite understand that.

How do you have Internet without some form of landline being attached
to the system?

Mark BR

Telewest broadband.

Hi,

did you have to push them for this or is it a standard cable option?

do you have to get things like TV bundled in? all I want is 1mbps
broadband. full stop!

I live in Westminster but there is no NTL there so I am stuck with BT.
I'd love to get rid of my landline.

ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435