Reselling VoIP? VoIP suppliers?

Old November 19th 05, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Sklan-Willis

Default Reselling VoIP? VoIP suppliers?

Hi All,

I am wondering if anybody can recommend VoIP suppliers with unlimited (like
unlimited UK calls) options and VoIP suppliers who offer reseller schemes.
(NOT affiliate schemes). Personal experiences welcome.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Old November 21st 05, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Crane

"Jonathan Sklan-Willis" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am wondering if anybody can recommend VoIP suppliers with unlimited

(like
unlimited UK calls) options and VoIP suppliers who offer reseller schemes.
(NOT affiliate schemes). Personal experiences welcome.

If the reseller is offering unlimited calls (which cost them money), where
would you be deriving the profit in the reseller scheme?

Just pondering...

Regards
Andrew

Old November 22nd 05, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Crane

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:53:31 -0000, "Andrew Crane"
wrote:

If the reseller is offering unlimited calls (which cost them money),

where
would you be deriving the profit in the reseller scheme?

by selling it for more than you pay the provider ?

mmm. Not sure what is in it for the provider though. They take all of the
risk and still don't end up with an end user.

Regards
Andrew

Old November 22nd 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Jonathan Sklan-Willis wrote:
Hi All,

I am wondering if anybody can recommend VoIP suppliers with unlimited (like
unlimited UK calls) options and VoIP suppliers who offer reseller schemes.
(NOT affiliate schemes). Personal experiences welcome.

We do - and you can build your own unlimited packages if you like. But
you take the risk :-)

cheers
peter

Old November 27th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Warren

Just to share UNICEED.COM with you guys. Currently launched in
Malaysia, UNICEED.COM allows foreigners to obtain Kuala Lumpur
dedicated phone and fax numbers. Voicemails and faxes are captured as
voicemail-to-email and fax-to-email respectively. The hosted phone
number also comes complete with company greetings, multi-department
options with Virtual PBX (map a number to each department and have your
people answer calls from anywhere!). Send faxes from the web (simply
upload your Word, Excel, PDF, gif and jpeg documents and enter the fax
destination number. Send bulk SMS and faxes to your contacts. If you're
on the move, you're able to call your IVR and perform fax forwarding to
another fax machine. Enjoy find me, follow me features as incoming
calls are routed to your top three priority numbers.

Old November 28th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Crane

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:30:08 -0000, "Andrew Crane"
wrote:

Not sure what is in it for the provider though. They take all of the
risk and still don't end up with an end user.

they don't take *all* of the risk if the reseller has the customer it
is the reseller who loses out if the customer doesn't pay.

You have cut the context away from this posting. As you would have seen from
the posting had you not cut the context, I was talking about the risk of the
end user using more minutes than break-even.

The provider gains volume. Plenty of providers in VoIP and Broadband
that work through resellers.

That only works if the provider gains a customer or gains profit. I wouldn't
offer a wholesale "unlimited" product at a fixed per-user price to a
reseller.

Regards
Andrew

--
Inweb Networks 01784494400 www.inweb.co.uk
www.rectel.co.uk -- record your phone calls and retrieve them online without

Old November 29th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:26:48 -0000, "Andrew Crane"
wrote:

That only works if the provider gains a customer or gains profit. I wouldn't
offer a wholesale "unlimited" product at a fixed per-user price to a
reseller.

surely its only a matter of pricing. If a wholesaler makes a turn on
the wholesale price to the reseller where's the issue ? The wholesaler
has gained a sale without attracting the admin effort or the marketing
cost of acquiring the user.

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old November 29th 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Crane

wrote:

That only works if the provider gains a customer or gains profit. I

wouldn't
offer a wholesale "unlimited" product at a fixed per-user price to a
reseller.

surely its only a matter of pricing. If a wholesaler makes a turn on
the wholesale price to the reseller where's the issue ? The wholesaler
has gained a sale without attracting the admin effort or the marketing
cost of acquiring the user.

The issue is that the OP wants an "unlimited" reseller product.

If the wholesaler offers a resale "unlimited" product, he doesn't know what
his costs are and therefore what his profit is. Sure, if we wholesale an
unlimited product at 1.1ppm x 60 x 24 x 31 then we are sure of breaking
even. But with the likes of 18866 offering calls at less than cost, we are
unlikely to sell any subscriptions at 500 quid a month.

So to do an "eat all you want" product, you have to take a guess at how much
people will consume during the month. They may exceed your expectations and
therefore cost you money.

My point, and Peter's is that speculating on average useage is not something
a telco will do if he is not going to either attract a customer or be
certain of making a profit.

There's no point in me losing a potential 500 pounds a month in order to
gain someone else a customer. Especially as the reseller has probably not
invested a penny in equipment, development, infrastructure, etc.

They haven't speculated for themselves like we have (by building the
infrastructure, etc), but we're being asked to speculate on their behalf --
ie, to take the risk on their customers being profitable rather than
liabilities.

Regards
Andrew

--
Inweb Networks. Quality internet and telecoms services
Sales: 08000 612222 Support: 08704322222. http://www.inweb.co.uk

Old November 29th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:34:53 -0000, "Andrew Crane"
wrote:

The issue is that the OP wants an "unlimited" reseller product.

but isn't that an issue about the unlimited product per se, rather
than the reselling of it.

If such a thing makes sense, and I note your points, then it can
equally make sense via a re-seller. Or you can spend money acquiring
the customers and managing thier billing directly, the choice is
yours.

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old November 29th 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

wrote:

That only works if the provider gains a customer or gains profit. I wouldn't
offer a wholesale "unlimited" product at a fixed per-user price to a
reseller.

surely its only a matter of pricing. If a wholesaler makes a turn on
the wholesale price to the reseller where's the issue ? The wholesaler
has gained a sale without attracting the admin effort or the marketing
cost of acquiring the user.

I agree with andrews latest post - the issue is whom acquires the
customer. If, it's a /referal/ and the customer contracts directly with
us (commission being paid to the reseller) then we would do an unlimited
package - because we bill the customer directly and can do the necessary
call stats averaging to make "unlimited" work.

We will probably start offering unlimited bundles in the new year. The
issue for us is defining "unlimited" in the business sense, because
business usage is higher than domestic usage.

Also, we'll probably only offer unlimited tariffs to our own
direct/referal customers. Those whom go through resellers who do their
own billing will have to wait for their reseller to do it.

cheers
peter