voip.co.uk with other ATAs

Old November 21st 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default voip.co.uk with other ATAs

I can't see on voip.co.uk web site whether set-up instructions are
available to enable you to use your own ATA - say like a Sipura or
Grandstream.

Are the settings freely available or do you have to buy one of their
boxes?

David
Old November 22nd 05, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Zourzouvillys

David Floyd wrote:

I can't see on voip.co.uk web site whether set-up instructions are
available to enable you to use your own ATA - say like a Sipura or
Grandstream.

Are the settings freely available or do you have to buy one of their
boxes?

David,

As long as the device is SIP [1] compliant, you will be able to use the
device with us, which basically means pretty much all the SIP ATAs on the
market.

I think there may be a small problem with the sipura running a certian
version of firmware related to sending a 180 in certian circumstances, but
i've got one on it's way (should be arriving today), so will have resolved
very soon anyway.

If you have any other devices that don't seem to be working properly (even
behind NAT [2]), then email - if we can't work it out easily
i'll get someone to try and source the same model and work around any
"issues" it may have.

Kind regards,

~ Theo

1 - RFC3261
2 - Pretty much everyhting should work behind NAT without any configuration,
bar some really dumb DSL routers that magle the SIP packets beyond
belief.

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
Old November 22nd 05, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Theo Zourzouvillys" wrote in message

I think there may be a small problem with the sipura running a certian
version of firmware related to sending a 180 in certian circumstances

snip

Sending a 180?

Old November 22nd 05, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Zourzouvillys

Jono wrote:

Sending a 180?

Sorry, I mean a SIP 180 message - which is the way it sends a "the phone is
ringing" tone back to the PSTN so the caller hears a ringing tone.

The net result is the person callign doesn't hear a ringing tone, but other
than that everyhting still works correctly.

As mentioned before, i've got a sipura arriving today, so should have it
fixed this evening anyhow.

~ The

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
Old November 22nd 05, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Theo Zourzouvillys" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Jono wrote:

Sending a 180?

Sorry, I mean a SIP 180 message - which is the way it sends a "the phone
is
ringing" tone back to the PSTN so the caller hears a ringing tone.

The net result is the person callign doesn't hear a ringing tone, but
other
than that everyhting still works correctly.

As mentioned before, i've got a sipura arriving today, so should have it
fixed this evening anyhow.

~ The

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
http://voip.co.uk/

Thanks for that.

By the way we've been in conversation by email over setting up
[email protected], which is now working admirably.

I would be interested to know what was tweaked to get the inbound calling
working?

Also, when I make an outbound call, I hear a non-English ringing tone. Not a
major issue, I suppose, as at least I can tell that it's a voip call.

Old November 22nd 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

. uk...

Jono wrote:

[...]

They're quick!

The ringing is now the correct UK tone.

Old November 22nd 05, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:25:49 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

.uk...

Jono wrote:

[...]

Strange - not for me it isn't!
I still get US style ringing tone.