VoIP.co.uk and Sipura Gateway question

Old November 23rd 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default VoIP.co.uk and Sipura Gateway question

Has anybody yet got VoIP.co.uk to work as a gateway with a Sipura ATA?
and willing to share the settings used to get it to work.

Many thanks

David
Old November 23rd 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Zourzouvillys

David Floyd wrote:

Has anybody yet got VoIP.co.uk to work as a gateway with a Sipura ATA?
and willing to share the settings used to get it to work.

Mind arrived yesterday. the only thing i changed we

Admin Login - Line 1 - Proxy = proxy.voip.co.uk
Admin Login - Line 1 - Line Enable = yes
Admin Login - Line 1 - Display Name = username
Admin Login - Line 1 - User Id username
Admin Login - Line 1 - Auth ID = username
Admin Login - Line 1 - Password = password
Admin Login - Line 1 - Use Auth ID = yes

Clicked save, it did something, and worked (tested behind NAT too, works
fine).

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
Old November 23rd 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Zourzouvillys

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

the only thing i changed we

of course you'll possibly want to change register expires down to somethign
a lot lower (we recommend 90), depending on reliability of your connection,
too.

~ Theo

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
Old November 23rd 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Theo Zourzouvillys writes
David Floyd wrote:

Has anybody yet got VoIP.co.uk to work as a gateway with a Sipura ATA?
and willing to share the settings used to get it to work.

Mind arrived yesterday. the only thing i changed we

Admin Login - Line 1 - Proxy = proxy.voip.co.uk
Admin Login - Line 1 - Line Enable = yes
Admin Login - Line 1 - Display Name = username
Admin Login - Line 1 - User Id username
Admin Login - Line 1 - Auth ID = username
Admin Login - Line 1 - Password = password
Admin Login - Line 1 - Use Auth ID = yes

Clicked save, it did something, and worked (tested behind NAT too, works
fine).

That would be fine, except that you answered the question I didn't ask.

So! Do you know what entries to put in the Gateway settings?

eg:
Gateway 1:
GW1 NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
GW1 Auth ID: username
GW1 Password: password

under Gateway 1: I've experimented with:

(replacing x with my allocated phone no.)

above 3 again but @registrar.voip.co.uk
above 3 again but @proxy.sov.voip.co.uk

none of them work.

Thanks.
Old November 23rd 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Zourzouvillys

David Floyd wrote:

This should be the correct one assuming that by 'Gateway' it really means
'Proxy'.

If you tell me what model it is, i'll dig it out and find out exactly for
you though.

~ Theo

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
Old November 23rd 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

David Floyd wrote:

That would be fine, except that you answered the question I didn't ask.

So! Do you know what entries to put in the Gateway settings?

eg:
Gateway 1:
GW1 NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
GW1 Auth ID: username
GW1 Password: password

Hmmm... I have a couple of Sipura ATAs (a 2100 and a 1001) and I haven't
come across Gateway settings on either. Where did you find those?

Old November 23rd 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

David Floyd wrote:

[...]

My working gateway settings under Line 1 are
gw1:

my auth id is then my sip username and my password is the sip user password
(find both on your account settings)

Mark

Old November 23rd 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

"Theo Zourzouvillys" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
David Floyd wrote:

Has anybody yet got VoIP.co.uk to work as a gateway with a Sipura ATA?
and willing to share the settings used to get it to work.

Mind arrived yesterday. the only thing i changed we

Admin Login - Line 1 - Proxy = proxy.voip.co.uk
Admin Login - Line 1 - Line Enable = yes
Admin Login - Line 1 - Display Name = username
Admin Login - Line 1 - User Id username
Admin Login - Line 1 - Auth ID = username
Admin Login - Line 1 - Password = password
Admin Login - Line 1 - Use Auth ID = yes

Clicked save, it did something, and worked (tested behind NAT too, works
fine).

Hi again Theo, just some more comments:

You have written username and password here, I assume this means the SIP
username not the 44xxxxxxx phone number.

The reason I ask is that in your Asterisk settings guidance on the site, it
only specifies the 44xxxxxxx as being required for registration.

I have yet to manage registration from asterisk using either sip usernames
or 44xxxxx, but this may be a network issue (though my sipura works)

Its not critical, i shall keep fiddling.

Mark