Call Union

Old November 23rd 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Watson

Default Call Union

Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The tariff looks
quite cheap but their website seems to be a bit 'basic'...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter Watson
Old November 23rd 05, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Peter Watson" wrote in message
Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The
tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to be a
bit 'basic'...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter Watson

Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there is a charge for a
UK number, or what sort of number (geo or 056) you get.

Ivor

Old November 23rd 05, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Watson

In article , lid
says...

"Peter Watson" wrote in message
Anyone used Call Union
http://www.callunion.com ? The
tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to be a
bit 'basic'...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter Watson

Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there is a charge for a
UK number, or what sort of number (geo or 056) you get.

Ivor

A UK number isn't a problem - I've got a Sipgate account for that

Peter
Old November 23rd 05, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Peter Watson" wrote in message
In article ,
lid says...

"Peter Watson" wrote in message
Anyone used Call Union
http://www.callunion.com ? The
tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to
be a bit 'basic'...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter Watson

Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there
is a charge for a UK number, or what sort of number
(geo or 056) you get.

Ivor

A UK number isn't a problem - I've got a Sipgate account
for that

I have 4..! But I was wondering. It might be useful if I could get a 415
(San Francisco) US number though. As long as there isn't a monthly charge,
that's what puts me off these things.

Ivor

Old November 24th 05, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:47:03 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

I have 4..! But I was wondering. It might be useful if
I could get a 415 (San Francisco) US number though. As
long as there isn't a monthly charge, that's what puts
me off these things.

Skinflint .

If you say so. I prefer not throwing money away.

Ivor

Old November 24th 05, 01:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-11-23, Ivor Jones wrote:

"Peter Watson" wrote in message
Anyone used Call Union http://www.callunion.com ? The
tariff looks quite cheap but their website seems to be a
bit 'basic'...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter Watson

Looks US based. Also I can't see anywhere whether there is a charge for a
UK number, or what sort of number (geo or 056) you get.

whois callunion.com indicates it is UK based and the SIP proxy is on a
network which has a major presence in the European market.

The UK number provided is a 0845 one and is free. 'Call features' on the
opening page leads you to this information.

Brian.
Old November 24th 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Watson

In article ,
says...
On 2005-11-23, Peter Watson wrote:

Anyone used Call Union
http://www.callunion.com ? The tariff looks
quite cheap but their website seems to be a bit 'basic'...

Thoughts?

I don't think I can agree with your assessment of the website as
'basic'. There is enough clearly expressed information there to get an
impression of what is on offer after just one reading.

I was probably a bit harsh - I had been looking at the 'Prices' page to
find out if the bill by the minute or the second. This info is on the
home page though...

Their UK-UK call rate info is very comprehensive but I assume that the
price 'UK Edinburgh' should be 'UK Geographic' as I wouldn't want to pay
the 'UK Other' rate for any calls not to Edinburgh!

Peter