What 0800 number for testing

Old November 24th 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default What 0800 number for testing

Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

Thanks
David
Old November 24th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

"David Floyd" wrote in message
news
Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps an
information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

Thanks
David

I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)

Old November 24th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message
news
Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls
to. Perhaps an information line that the owner wouldn't
mind being called.

I usually use the Orange info line, 0800 801080 but this has now changed
to 0800 079 5000.

Ivor

Old November 24th 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geoff Winkless

Mark Adamson wrote:
I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)

That's ok, they'll never answer it anyway.

Old November 24th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
thoss

In article , David Floyd
writes
Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
0800, though.
--
Thoss
Old November 24th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Thu, 24 Nov 2005, thoss writes
In article , David Floyd
writes
Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
0800, though.

Well, thanks for your reply, but since this is uk.telecom.voip that's
not really appropriate !! :-(

DF