VOIP US Number

Old November 25th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth Evans

Default VOIP US Number

I've been using sipgate for sometime now, but would like a US number which
they don't currently provide. Are there any other SIP providers that offer a
free US number. I'm living in the UK.

Gareth

Old November 25th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:39:55 -0000, "Gareth Evans"
wrote:

I've been using sipgate for sometime now, but would like a US number which
they don't currently provide. Are there any other SIP providers that offer a
free US number. I'm living in the UK.

Gareth

This was posted a while back. I know nothing about this company.
http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 25th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote:

I've been using sipgate for sometime now, but would like a US number which
they don't currently provide. Are there any other SIP providers that offer
free US number. I'm living in the UK.

Gareth

This was posted a while back. I know nothing about this company.
http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

No support to speak of; no cost; it works.

For the benefit of the OP, you get a Washington number.

Enter sipgate.co.uk as the SIP Proxy & your 7 digit Sipgate number as the
SIP Phone number.

Old November 25th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk
wrote:

I've been using sipgate for sometime now, but would
like a US number which they don't currently provide.
Are there any other SIP providers that offer a
free US number. I'm living in the UK.

Gareth

This was posted a while back. I know nothing about this
company. http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

No support to speak of; no cost; it works.

For the benefit of the OP, you get a Washington number.

That's Washington State (west coast, area code 360, not Washington DC, in
case you're wondering..!)

Enter sipgate.co.uk as the SIP Proxy & your 7 digit
Sipgate number as the SIP Phone number.

Indeed, for a totally free service it's excellent. I had a 20 minute call
on mine yesterday from my friend in Arizona. The only drawback is they
only have Washington State numbers, but a lot of people have calls to any
US number included in their line rental so it doesn't cost anything.

Ivor

Old November 25th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Eliodeo

www.stanaphone.com

Old November 26th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

I've been using sipgate for sometime now, but would like a US number which
they don't currently provide. Are there any other SIP providers that offer
free US number. I'm living in the UK.

Gareth

Stanaphone give you a free incoming US number with voicemail and
fax-to-email:
https://www.stanaphone.com/

Paul