voip.co.uk Call diversion

Old November 26th 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DMac

Default voip.co.uk Call diversion

Hi, Wondering about what call diversion facilities are available on this
service

Could you divert your incoming no to (say) a mobile - will it automatically
divert to an alternative no if your internet service gets disrupted - or
choose not to have to have your ata switched on?

Can you divert to any no including foreign mobiles (not fussed about
satellite phones)

Does it offer parallel ring - ata and mobile ringing at same time - or is
it divert after x seconds.

Can all the diverts be controlled from a web interface?

Are the call charges stable and what is the mechanism for announcing this
when they increase them?

I did have exactly the service I wanted - but they put the prices up on the
diverted leg to the point it wasn't economic to do.
Luckily I found out weeks before the trial ended and I would have had to
commit to a year's service.

Many thanks.

Old November 26th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, DMac writes
Hi, Wondering about what call diversion facilities are available on this
service

I am in contact with Theo at VoIP.co.uk about various issues on their
services.

On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

However, to be fair to Theo apparently a number of customers have raised
this point and he is working on it over the week-end to introduce it
soon, as part of their web based service.

David
Old November 26th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

David Floyd wrote:

[...]
On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

Old November 26th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Dave Gill wrote:
David Floyd wrote:

[...]

On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

Yes, i've been wondering what providers let you use your ATA's diversion
settings! Seems this company does
Old November 26th 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

[...]
On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

I assume so by what has been said.

I will try it tomorrow (Sunday) and report back.

David
Old November 27th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:12:51 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

[...]
On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

I assume so by what has been said.

I will try it tomorrow (Sunday) and report back.

David

This call divert set up via an ATA is new to me. Perhaps you explain
further. I know that my SPA-3000 can be made to link PTSN to voip but
are you saying tht it is possible to forward voip to voip somehow on a
stand-alone ATA?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 27th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

[...]
On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

Having now tested this (on Sipura SPA3000) it does not work with
VoIP.co.uk even when that account is the main account on line 1 and not
merely used as a gateway.

Call diversion does work on the SPA3000 when JustDialVoIP is set as the
main account on Line 1.

I will report this to Theo as he does not always read this newsgroup.

David

Old November 27th 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, David Floyd writes
In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

[...]
On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility - it does not!

It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
there.

Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

I assume so by what has been said.

I will try it tomorrow (Sunday) and report back.

See my other post in this thread - it doesn't work for VoIP.co.uk but
does for JustDialVoIP.

David
Old November 27th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
This call divert set up via an ATA is new to me. Perhaps you explain
further. I know that my SPA-3000 can be made to link PTSN to voip but
are you saying tht it is possible to forward voip to voip somehow on a
stand-alone ATA?

Yes, if your SIP account supports it. (JustDialVoIP does)

The settings are in USER 1 on a SPA3000

David
Old November 27th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:47:57 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

[...]
[...]

Thanks for the info.
If Theo is the only person doing all the tech work I would imagine
that he will be very busy indeed.
I did also try enabling User1:Supplementary Service Settings:message
waiting.
This resulted in a stuttered dial tone. Just what I would expect if I
had a message waiting. However, my voicemail doesn't work* and I don't
have any messages. So I disabled it again.
(*rings for one minute and then the line drops out)

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.