Can USB phone and MSN get out onto PSTN?

Old November 27th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

Default Can USB phone and MSN get out onto PSTN?

My kids are MSN-mad, they seem to be fine having video calls with their
friends (other MSN users) with webcam and headset.

Can I extend this by getting them USB phones, I mean I don't know much about
MSN and their site doesn't really say. Does MSN have Skype-like features
where you can basically use as an outgoing/incoming voice call gateway? If
so this could be the answer to getting kids their own landline phone numbers
so they don't hog ours all the time.