Setting up voip.co.uk voicemail

Old November 28th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Setting up voip.co.uk voicemail

I still haven't got any voicemail service on voip.co.uk.
I have had some success in that I made an entry and got a voicemail
answer:-
"I am sorry. The mailbox configured has not been found."
How should the 'Cfwd No Ans Dest:' entry be configured for the
voicemail?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 28th 05, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
I still haven't got any voicemail service on voip.co.uk.
I have had some success in that I made an entry and got a voicemail
answer:-
"I am sorry. The mailbox configured has not been found."
How should the 'Cfwd No Ans Dest:' entry be configured for the
voicemail?

It shouldn't. That setting is used for Call Forwarding if the SIP
provider supports it.

I haven't got voicemail now :-(
I had it last week and when the line wasn't registered, calling the
number the call went straight to voicemail.

Now:
if not registered - get unobtainable
if registered - call just rings until timed out with call dropped
if register but engaged - get engaged tone

I would expect to get directed to voicemail for each of these.

David
Old November 28th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:05:15 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

[...]

Apparently voip.co.uk do so.
I did get an email indicatiing that was so.
@voicemail.voip.co.uk
How should the bit before the @ be configured though?- my sip user
number doesn't seem to work.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 28th 05, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

wrote:

[...]

I didn't get any email referring to this.
Are you suggesting that should be
entered in all or some of the 'Call Forward Settings' section of the
ATA?

If so, I wonder why we haven't been told :-(

David
Old November 28th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

My voicemail doesn't work at all and it is a B nuisence.
I got an email suggesting that I set up my ATA to

I assume 'vmid' is my voicemail box number.
I entered it under
User 1:Cfwd No Ans Dest:
Well, it still doesn't work. I just get the response:
"I am sorry. The mailbox configured has not been found."
I wondered if it might be possible to forward to my voipfone SIP
number but that doesn't work. :-(
Theo did say, in an email, that he was working on a web interface for
voicmail, over teh weekend, but if he is the only guy doing this, and
answering mail from people like me and you, he will be well busy.
Currently you can enable voicemail to, allegedly (not checked) pick up
calls while you are engaged.
QUOTE:
In my.voip.co.uk, under "Your Phone
Numbers",
select your phone number, then "enable Voicemail" choose "Default
Profile".
UNQUOTE
Whilst waiting for the work to be carried out I thought I might be
able to sort out the voicemail. Scouring the Net for info. hasn't
gleaned very much. I suspect that I might be doing the right thing but
the server isn't giving the correct response.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 28th 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
My voicemail doesn't work at all and it is a B nuisence.
I got an email suggesting that I set up my ATA to

I assume 'vmid' is my voicemail box number.
I entered it under
User 1:Cfwd No Ans Dest:
Well, it still doesn't work.

I'm not surprised :-( . Because Call Forwarding doesn't work anyway and
I have reported this as well as many other things to Theo.

Currently you can enable voicemail to, allegedly (not checked) pick up
calls while you are engaged.
QUOTE:
In my.voip.co.uk, under "Your Phone
Numbers",
select your phone number, then "enable Voicemail" choose "Default
Profile".
UNQUOTE

Mine was set like that by default anyway.

David
Old November 28th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

David Floyd wrote:

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian A writes

[...]
Currently you can enable voicemail to, allegedly (not checked) pick up
calls while you are engaged.
QUOTE:
In my.voip.co.uk, under "Your Phone
Numbers",
select your phone number, then "enable Voicemail" choose "Default
Profile".
UNQUOTE

Mine was set like that by default anyway.

Mine was set up like that by default too. When I first set up my ATA
for VoIP.co.uk I dialled in to voicemail to set a greeting and, as far
as I'm aware, it's worked fine ever since. I haven found an option to
save or repeat messages yet though...

Old November 28th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
When I first set up my ATA
for VoIP.co.uk I dialled in to voicemail to set a greeting and, as far
as I'm aware, it's worked fine ever since. I haven found an option to
save or repeat messages yet though...

It's been added to the Web Interface but not to 121 yet.

David
Old November 28th 05, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
My voicemail doesn't work at all and it is a B nuisence.

I've heard from Theo and he's been working over the week-end on various
problems (including Voicemail), which he is currently testing and hopes
to have implemented by tomorrow night.

David
Old November 28th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:13:37 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
My voicemail doesn't work at all and it is a B nuisence.

My spelling! I meant nuisance!
I've heard from Theo and he's been working over the week-end on various
problems (including Voicemail), which he is currently testing and hopes
to have implemented by tomorrow night.

David

Good!
Thanks for the info. - Let's hope it goes OK.
If call forwarding did work would it be possible to direct calls to
another SIP number by making an entry in the form

?
where 1234567 is the voip number you wish to call.
I know that it is OK to use the form [email protected]
(or so the Sipura guide indicates)

Alternatively, if there was peering could one use the appropriate
code, for the voip operator, followed by the voip number?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.