any progress on voip.co.uk call diversion?

Old November 29th 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DMac

Default any progress on voip.co.uk call diversion?

I gather this was being looked into over the weekend. Anyone heard
anything?

Many thanks

Old November 29th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Zourzouvillys

DMac wrote:

I gather this was being looked into over the weekend. Anyone heard
anything?

Hey,

We're changed a large chunk of the way our residential platform routes (to
allow to generic destinations, not just a phone number - i.e
), however as with everyhting in life, it's takign a little
bit longer than i was hoping, due to making it as flexible as possible.

once done, i'll notify the 'new service' list - we'll probably have to
schedule a 2 or 3 minute outage, before hand anyway (although it will be at
sillyoclock in the morning) because of the potential risks of dropping
calls in progress during the upgrade.

~ Theo

--
Theo Zourzouvillys
Lead Technical Architect
Old November 29th 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:
[...]
once done, i'll notify the 'new service' list - we'll probably have
to schedule a 2 or 3 minute outage, before hand anyway (although it
will be at sillyoclock in the morning) because of the potential
risks of dropping calls in progress during the upgrade.

sip*CLI help stop gracefully
Usage: stop gracefully
Causes Asterisk to not accept new calls, and exit when all
active calls have terminated normally.

.... would appear to be what you're after.

(Unless you're one of those few strange VoIP operators who don't use
Asterisk.)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key
Old November 29th 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Peter wrote:

(Unless you're one of those few strange VoIP operators who don't use
Asterisk.)

or one of the ones who wants to make more than 60 calls at once :-)

peter