Problems with 2 line inteligent switch

Old November 30th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Problems with 2 line inteligent switch

I know several of you use this cute bit of kit (ILS1002) from eBay to
put two lines into one phone. Can you help out with a problem or two?

When my voip is in use the switch is supposed to "busy" the other
(pstn) line. After a couple of minutes our burglar alarm on the same
pstn line goes off because it detects 'no line'. If you make a call on
the pstn line - it is happy wih and does not go off. The alarm is the
pstn side of the switch so what the box is doing is different from
'off-hook/busy'.

After 5 minutes I'm getting breakthrough on the VOIP side of BT's
warble as it is also getting upset. So is the beasty really compatible
with UK lines - any workarounds spring to mind?

Stuart

Old November 30th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, writes
I know several of you use this cute bit of kit (ILS1002) from eBay to
put two lines into one phone. Can you help out with a problem or two?

When my voip is in use the switch is supposed to "busy" the other
(pstn) line.

[Snip]

After 5 minutes I'm getting breakthrough on the VOIP side of BT's
warble as it is also getting upset. So is the beasty really compatible
with UK lines - any workarounds spring to mind?

I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it away.

DF
Old November 30th 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message

[snip]

I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it
away.

Use a 2-line phone, the BT Converse 2025 is still available from a few
sources. Failing that, you'll have to use 2 phones or a PABX.

Ivor

Old November 30th 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

David Floyd wrote:
In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, writes

I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it away.

Yep - I think i'll have to go back to the 2xDECT solution. I'll keep
mine in case I add another voip adapter. I guess it will strap two voip
lines together OK.

Do Draytek/Zoom/Linkys voip routers/ata behave properly with the pstn
line when voip is busy?

Stuart

Old December 1st 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sean wrote:

I don't think my combine-a-line makes the other line busy when i am on
one line.... How have you got yours connected?

Combine-a-line is a different device. Obviously the one I should have
ordered. Doh!

Stuart

Old December 10th 05, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Sean writes

I don't think my combine-a-line makes the other line busy when i am on
one line.... How have you got yours connected?

I have phone in the auto port, and the two lines in one RJ11 plug in
the 2 line socket

Do I understand this correctly; that you have 2 phone lines on ONE plug?

If so can you distinguish which line to use for outgoing calls?

There are sockets for Line 1 and Line 2 on the combine-a-line, so surely
one line on each

David