Post-dialling delay via Sipgate

Old December 1st 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Geddes

Default Post-dialling delay via Sipgate

Calls from Sipgate to BT numbers are taking about 7 seconds from keying
"#" at the end of the dialled number to ringtone. Without the final "#"
it takes about 15 seconds.

Even at 7 seconds, that adds up to a lot of wasted life if you use the
phone extensively.

I have tested my VOIP router (Draytek 2900VG) on a call to an IP
address, and it rang instantly.

So it looks as if it is down to Sipgate. Is this typical of other
peoples' experience?

John Geddes
Derbyshire
Old December 1st 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DGB

John Geddes wrote:

Calls from Sipgate to BT numbers are taking about 7 seconds from
keying "#" at the end of the dialled number to ringtone. Without the
final "#" it takes about 15 seconds.

So it looks as if it is down to Sipgate. Is this typical of other
peoples' experience?

John Geddes
Derbyshire

Yes - you're lucky to get ringback tone, quite frequently I just get silence
until the called party answers.

I'm using a Grandstream Handytone 486 ATA.
--
Don

Old December 1st 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

DGB wrote:

Yes - you're lucky to get ringback tone, quite frequently I just get silence
until the called party answers.

at risk of turning this into a "four Yorkshireman" sketch...

Luxury, when I dial a sipgate number I get a long silence then either
nowt, a tri-tone BT error or a continuous tone.

Phil

Old December 1st 05, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

DGB wrote:

Yes - you're lucky to get ringback tone, quite frequently I just get
silence
until the called party answers.

at risk of turning this into a "four Yorkshireman" sketch...

Luxury, when I dial a sipgate number I get a long silence then either
nowt, a tri-tone BT error or a continuous tone.

Phil

.........and here's the fourth Yorkshireman.

I have no problems whatsoever with Sipgate. It works perfectly.

Old December 1st 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip]

Luxury, when I dial a sipgate number I get a long
silence then either nowt, a tri-tone BT error or a
continuous tone.

........and here's the fourth Yorkshireman.

I have no problems whatsoever with Sipgate. It works
perfectly.

Same here, although I expect Dexter to chime in with his anti-Sipgate rant
any time now.....

BTW I just tried ringing my Telewest number from Sipgate, I got ring tone
after about 5 seconds, I didn't press #. Perhaps it's because I'm not a
Yorkshireman..?!

Ivor

Old December 1st 05, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Jono" wrote in message

"PhilT" wrote in message
groups.com...

[snip]

Luxury, when I dial a sipgate number I get a long
silence then either nowt, a tri-tone BT error or a
continuous tone.

........and here's the fourth Yorkshireman.

I have no problems whatsoever with Sipgate. It works
perfectly.

Same here, although I expect Dexter to chime in with his anti-Sipgate rant
any time now.....

BTW I just tried ringing my Telewest number from Sipgate, I got ring tone
after about 5 seconds, I didn't press #. Perhaps it's because I'm not a
Yorkshireman..?!

Ivor

Just timed mine calling BT landline, got a ring tone in very slightly
over 2 seconds, this is with both a Cisco 186 and a Lynksys PAP1
connecting via asterisk.

AFAIK It's always been like that.
Old December 1st 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

[snip]

Ah well if you will insist on giving your custom to these
German amateur VOIP providers
................................... .

You missed your cue by 25 minutes, you're slipping..!

Ivor

Old December 1st 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

PhilT wrote:

DGB wrote:

Yes - you're lucky to get ringback tone, quite frequently I just get
silence until the called party answers.

at risk of turning this into a "four Yorkshireman" sketch...

Luxury, when I dial a sipgate number I get a long silence then either
nowt, a tri-tone BT error or a continuous tone.

I always get ringing tone, using an ATA486 or an SPA-841 thru Asterisk.

However, the first time I tried dialling my mobile, I got 15 seconds of
silence, and then on the asterisk console:

Dec 1 19:52:15 WARNING[6417]: chan_sip.c:6846 handle_response: Forbidden -
wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"Cordless"
;tag=as0bc4b2ce'
Dec 1 19:52:18 WARNING[6417]: chan_sip.c:6846 handle_response: Forbidden -
wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"Cordless"
;tag=as0bc4b2ce'

The second time I tried, I got a ringing tone after 11 seconds. Odd.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:55:47 up 2 days, 21:03, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.10, 0.09

Old December 1st 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:47:43 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

I have no problems whatsoever with Sipgate. It works perfectly.

every time ? without fail ? in the morning ?

I'm trying to help a lady get it going, she really wants it to work
but her patience is wearing thin.

Testing it this morning, she could not reach either the 10000 test
number or 50000 for voicemail or my sipgate number (she won't put
credit on it till she believes its working).

At secure.sipgate.co.uk the device shows up correctly and refreshes
itself. Outbound calls that don't work do clock up in the calls list.
Similarly inbound calls rack up 4s voicemails but there is nothing
heard by the calling party. Occasionally a caller gets to hear the
voicemail message. There are no ringing tones from sipgate to sipgate.

Called her from my sipgate line just now, 35 seconds to voicemail
first time, 1m45 and counting a minute later. VM set to 30s.

Dialling into my geo number from BT get silence then continuous tone.
I can dial the same BT phone from Sipgate OK. Then I call back from BT
and it works.

Do the lottery odds improve if you put credit on it ?

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old December 1st 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

Are you sure this is not configurable, is it called something like dial
timeout, duh there are so many of these config parameters for SPA3000 I just
can't get my head around them. I think it's some parameter that says your
SIP adaptor will wait for so many seconds of no more buttons pressed before
it decides it has got all the digits for your call.