A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 3rd 05, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,037
Default Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

Has anyone heard any further news on the voicemail front for
voip.co.uk? - or call forwarding for that matter.
Voicemail was supposed to be fixed last weekend.
I haven't seen any signs that it has moved any further forward.
I've also retried setting up vvoicemail
as a forward (Cfwd No Ans Dest but that doesn't work still.
:-(
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #2  
Old December 3rd 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 460
Default Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

In message of Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
Has anyone heard any further news on the voicemail front for
voip.co.uk? - or call forwarding for that matter.


No!

I intend to contact Theo on Monday.

I'm not very happy, having forked out 19.99 for the advertised
services, most of which don't work. :-(

David

  #3  
Old December 3rd 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,037
Default Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:35:34 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
Has anyone heard any further news on the voicemail front for
voip.co.uk? - or call forwarding for that matter.


No!

I intend to contact Theo on Monday.

I'm not very happy, having forked out 19.99 for the advertised
services, most of which don't work. :-(

Even worse for me - I did the 10 top up as well.
Even so I am happy with the reliability service itself but I would
like the advertised facilities to work. If forwarding worked I could,
presumably, diverted to another sip address (??) for voicemail.
With voip.co.uk it could be a case of non-technical pushing out the
boat leaving the technical people to sort out the mess. They did
launch far too soon Theo intimated that the voicemail would be ready
last weekend. I know, because I write software myself, that it takes a
considerable time to get things up and running properly. Most people
don't have even the slightest appreciation of the level of work
involved. The simplicity (and smoothness) of operation of the software
is usually inversely proportional to the level of work involved.
I do think though, that it is unwise to give dates and then not
deliver. From my experience it is best, if you really do have to give
a date, to make it well ahead of when you expect to deliver. If you
are early people are very pleased...late and they are definitely not.
Theo did say, in an email, that it should be possible to do a
'forward', as I described earlier but the system can't find my
voicemail box - it does connect to the voicemail service though.
No doubt, David, you will post the outcome of your communication on
Monday.



Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #4  
Old December 3rd 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 460
Default Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

In message of Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:35:34 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

Even so I am happy with the reliability service itself but I would
like the advertised facilities to work. If forwarding worked I could,
presumably, diverted to another sip address (??) for voicemail.
With voip.co.uk it could be a case of non-technical pushing out the
boat leaving the technical people to sort out the mess. They did
launch far too soon Theo intimated that the voicemail would be ready
last weekend. I know, because I write software myself, that it takes a
considerable time to get things up and running properly. Most people
don't have even the slightest appreciation of the level of work
involved. The simplicity (and smoothness) of operation of the software
is usually inversely proportional to the level of work involved.
I do think though, that it is unwise to give dates and then not
deliver. From my experience it is best, if you really do have to give
a date, to make it well ahead of when you expect to deliver. If you
are early people are very pleased...late and they are definitely not.
Theo did say, in an email, that it should be possible to do a
'forward', as I described earlier but the system can't find my
voicemail box - it does connect to the voicemail service though.
No doubt, David, you will post the outcome of your communication on
Monday.


Your comments are my thoughts exactly. That's why I haven't yet
complained. I have high hopes for this service, but I thought it was
unwise to give an expected date of delivery so quickly.

David
  #5  
Old December 3rd 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 116
Default Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

David Floyd wrote:

Your comments are my thoughts exactly. That's why I haven't yet
complained. I have high hopes for this service, but I thought it was
unwise to give an expected date of delivery so quickly.


The problem with launching any service is you never know what your
customers *really* want until you've launched. And with VoIP you're
having to cope with the experimental brigade to boot. Vonage looked
like a polished offering right from the off in the UK, but they did
practice on the yanks first. ;-)

--
The From address is a spam-trap, so all replies to the newsgroup please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Be Alert, Your Country Needs More Lerts! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting up voip.co.uk voicemail Brian A uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 9 November 28th 05 08:09 PM
sipgate voicemail Roger Barrett uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 6 October 19th 05 08:44 PM
free voip voicemail ? [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 52 August 11th 05 04:26 PM
Sipgate Voicemail is CRAP Neil uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 42 August 8th 05 10:39 PM
Sipgate Voicemail Gareth :-\\\) voom uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 4 April 1st 05 09:45 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.