Handytone ATA 386

Old December 3rd 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Jones

Default Handytone ATA 386

Hi everybody

I'm looking to buy a 2 port ATA. I've been looking at the Handytone ATA 386.
I've found it for 50+VAT at voiptalk.org. Is this a recomended ATA? Any
recommendations on other 2 port ATAs for a similar price?

Thanks )

Ben

Old December 3rd 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cogs

I bought an ATA-386 a few weeks ago and am well impressed, much better
than the VOIP router i was using, buy it.

Old December 3rd 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Meggahurtz

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message

Linksys PAP2-NA is a bit less, broadbandbuyer.co.uk

the cheaper PAP2 is locked to Vonage and needs more effort.

Phil
--

Hi Phil,

Sorry to jump in here but i`m also looking for an adaptor and i`m looking at
the Vonage locked model. To unlock is it a case of firmware change or is it
more harder?

Old December 4th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Meggahurtz:
"Phil Thompson" wrote in message

Linksys PAP2-NA is a bit less, broadbandbuyer.co.uk

the cheaper PAP2 is locked to Vonage and needs more effort.

Phil
--

Hi Phil,

Sorry to jump in here but i`m also looking for an adaptor and i`m
looking at the Vonage locked model. To unlock is it a case of
firmware change or is it more harder?

When I read up about it, I read only the first couple of revisions were
updateable, so I went for the non-vonage one. Not sure if all can be
unlocked, I didn't want to take the gamble this time, usually I am the
gambling type!

For half (25) of my bonus (50) when referred to Telewest or 5 when referred
to easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old December 4th 05, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:15:19 GMT, "Meggahurtz"
wrote:

Sorry to jump in here but i`m also looking for an adaptor and i`m looking at
the Vonage locked model. To unlock is it a case of firmware change or is it
more harder?

the latter, out of the box the Vonage one doesn't have a web
interface, a password or any other means of doing much at all. You'll
have to Google for the unlocking instructions, they are non-trivial
and I suspect the fix may reverse if you do a factory reset (but I'm
not right up to date on this).

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))