VoIP between Poland and UK

Old December 7th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

Default VoIP between Poland and UK

I currently run a VoIP service for my family across the UK
and France (a SIP and STUN server, SPA-3000 clients).
Another part of the family in Poland want to join in.
They have ADSL, but I don't yet have any information on
who their ISP is (I don't even know if there's a choice in
Poland). Does anyone know if there's likely to be any
problem doing VoIP directly between UK and Poland,
e.g. if any polish ISP's or PTT try to block direct VoIP?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Old December 7th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marcin Lukasik

I currently run a VoIP service for my family across the UK
and France (a SIP and STUN server, SPA-3000 clients).
Another part of the family in Poland want to join in.
They have ADSL, but I don't yet have any information on
who their ISP is (I don't even know if there's a choice in
Poland). Does anyone know if there's likely to be any
problem doing VoIP directly between UK and Poland,
e.g. if any polish ISP's or PTT try to block direct VoIP?

Man, Poland is not Ukraine, you will be really suprised how
many ISPs Poland has...
How to check - simple. Go to www.whatismyip.com get IP,
go to ripe.net - and voila!

I do not know any ISP (not any big) blocking VoIP traffic.
Should be working fine. My family's connected to SIP server
in the UK using Polish Telecom - works fine for them.

m.

Old December 7th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I currently run a VoIP service for my family across the UK
and France (a SIP and STUN server, SPA-3000 clients).
Another part of the family in Poland want to join in.
They have ADSL, but I don't yet have any information on
who their ISP is (I don't even know if there's a choice in
Poland). Does anyone know if there's likely to be any
problem doing VoIP directly between UK and Poland,
e.g. if any polish ISP's or PTT try to block direct VoIP?

I have a similar case..
If you are based in the UK you can create a account wiht (for instance
wiht Voipfone.co.uk)
Your family in Poland can also create an account with Voipfone.co.uk...
even if they are based in poland !!
And that works fine !!!!!
Old December 8th 05, 08:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Stephane M writes:
I have a similar case..
If you are based in the UK you can create a account wiht (for instance
wiht Voipfone.co.uk)
Your family in Poland can also create an account with Voipfone.co.uk...
even if they are based in poland !!
And that works fine !!!!!

I run my own SIP and STUN servers for the family.
I don't need to create an account with anyone else.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old December 8th 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Marcin Lukasik" writes:
I do not know any ISP (not any big) blocking VoIP traffic.
Should be working fine. My family's connected to SIP server
in the UK using Polish Telecom - works fine for them.

OK, thanks.

--
Andrew Gabriel