VoipCheap - Queries

Old December 8th 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default VoipCheap - Queries

[Aside: Note: Cross-posted to uk.telecom for the benefit of those {still}
without access to the uk.telelcom.voip newsgroup. ]

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about VoipCheap. They are in the following
areas:

- Geographic Incoming Numbers
- VoipCheap Softphone

Geographic Incoming Numbers
---

Can anyone advise / confirm what the trick is to getting a real geographic
(this query is predominantly about the UK but additional information about
international numbers is also welcome) incoming number with VoipCheap.

It seems that unless you meet / match the exact unknown set of criteria you
will receive one of the 0560 code incoming numbers rather than (for me at
least preferable) geographic landline numbers such as 020x. Anyone who knows
this or anything (else) about this (e.g. which geographic UK [and if you
know it the same with respect to international numbers] area codes are
available and how to get these, etc.) any input would be gratefully received
/ much appreciated / is much appreciated.

Also in respect of incoming numbers does anyone have a clear idea of how the
different modes / status conditions of a voipcheap users account impact the
response to callers of an incoming number (e.g. / i.e. logged in /
registered on their servers and online = phone will ring; ? perhaps not
logged in = engaged tone or NU [number unobtainable]). If anyone knows about
the impact of the other options within the VoipCheap softphone (e.g. / i.e.
Offline, Away, Not Available, etc.) any input would be much appreciated.

VoipCheap Softphone
---

Is anyone able to confirm the functionality of the status options (similar
to end of previous question)?

Is anyone able to advise with respect to the "Speaker" toolbar button /
speakerphone mode option / switch (e.g. / i.e. how does this work?, does
anyone have any idea what in practice this actually does [appears to be
little or nothing]?, etc.)

Thanks any and all for any and all input (such is much appreciated).

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Cross-posted to uk.telecom for the benefit of those {still} without
access to the uk.telelcom.voip newsgroup.

Old December 8th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh News Reader:

Can anyone advise / confirm what the trick is to getting a real
geographic (this query is predominantly about the UK but additional
information about international numbers is also welcome) incoming
number with VoipCheap.

It seems that unless you meet / match the exact unknown set of
criteria you will receive one of the 0560 code incoming numbers
rather than (for me at least preferable) geographic landline numbers
such as 020x. Anyone who knows this or anything (else) about this
(e.g. which geographic UK [and if you know it the same with respect
to international numbers] area codes are available and how to get
these, etc.) any input would be gratefully received / much
appreciated / is much appreciated.

I have an 0121 number with VoIPCheap, I know people who have an 020 number
with them, I am sure someone has posted on here stating they have had a number
issued from another main city, which one I forget.

--
Free phone, 200 x-net minutes each month - one off fee of 49.99 for 12
months:

Old December 15th 05, 02:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

In article , News Reader
writes
Also in respect of incoming numbers does anyone have a clear idea of
how the different modes / status conditions of a voipcheap users
account impact the response to callers of an incoming number (e.g. /
i.e. logged in / registered on their servers and online = phone will
ring; ? perhaps not logged in = engaged tone or NU [number
unobtainable]). If anyone knows about the impact of the other options
within the VoipCheap softphone (e.g. / i.e. Offline, Away, Not
Available, etc.) any input would be much appreciated.

I think they are mainly for use by VoIP to VoIP services. You could try
setting the condition then calling from your home phone. When I tried
with the PC off I got "Number temporarily out of service" or something
like that.

VoipCheap Softphone
---

Is anyone able to confirm the functionality of the status options
(similar to end of previous question)?

Is anyone able to advise with respect to the "Speaker" toolbar button /
speakerphone mode option / switch (e.g. / i.e. how does this work?,
does anyone have any idea what in practice this actually does [appears
to be little or nothing]?, etc.)

I have two sound cards, one built into the mother-board and a separate
one so I connect speaker and headset to different ones, the button
switches between them. But last time I used it the volume on the
headset had dropped to inaudible.
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old December 16th 05, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Thanks

"Peter Pratten" wrote in message
In article , News Reader