Initiating a call from an application.

Old December 8th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MarkH

Default Initiating a call from an application.

Hi,

I wonder if what I want to do is possible - I'm guessing that either
asterix or particular phones may be able to help.

I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone. What
I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user picks
up the handset (or perhaps triggers by pressing a button).
Alternatively I wonder whether the application could send a message to
an asterix server and achieve a similar effect?

Any ideas or advice on where to look for info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Old December 8th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

MarkH wrote:
|| Hi,
|| I wonder if what I want to do is possible - I'm guessing that either
|| asterix or particular phones may be able to help.
|| I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone. What
|| I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
|| displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user picks
|| up the handset (or perhaps triggers by pressing a button).
|| Alternatively I wonder whether the application could send a message to
|| an asterix server and achieve a similar effect?
|| Any ideas or advice on where to look for info would be appreciated.
|| Cheers
|| Mark

A web application?

An alarm?

What do you want to achieve?

I've got a web based phone book. I can click on a contact's name. My
extension of choice rings. Then the contact's number is dialled.

Old December 9th 05, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MarkH

Jono wrote:
MarkH wrote:
|| Hi,
|| I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone. What
|| I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
|| displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user picks
|| up the handset (or perhaps triggers by pressing a button).
|| Alternatively I wonder whether the application could send a message to
|| an asterix server and achieve a similar effect?

What do you want to achieve?

I've got a web based phone book. I can click on a contact's name. My
extension of choice rings. Then the contact's number is dialled.

I need to do something very similar to what you have, except the app
would be a WIN32 PC app. So, it sounds like I need to read up on
asterix and protocols for issuing commands to it.

Mark

Old December 10th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"MarkH" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jono wrote:
MarkH wrote:
|| Hi,
|| I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone.

What
|| I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
|| displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user

picks
|| up the handset (or perhaps triggers by pressing a button).
|| Alternatively I wonder whether the application could send a message

|| an asterix server and achieve a similar effect?

What do you want to achieve?

I've got a web based phone book. I can click on a contact's name. My
extension of choice rings. Then the contact's number is dialled.

I need to do something very similar to what you have, except the app
would be a WIN32 PC app. So, it sounds like I need to read up on
asterix and protocols for issuing commands to it.

Hi as long as the app is tapi compliant then astapi will do it or the
manager api.

Ian

Old December 14th 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MarkH

Ian wrote:
"MarkH" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jono wrote:
MarkH wrote:
|| Hi,
|| I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone.

What
|| I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
|| displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user
|| picks up the handset

Hi as long as the app is tapi compliant then astapi will do it or the
manager api.

Excellent - thanks.

Mark