Orchid dialler & VOIP question

Old December 8th 05, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Sunil Sood

Default Orchid dialler & VOIP question

Does anyone know if there is a VoIP adapter which allows you to pass calls
over your chosen VoIP provider (VoIPBuster/VoIPCheap etc) but which can also
be programmed to pass calls over the PSTN if you wish - the idea being that
I would like any of these 'PSTN calls' to pass through a Orchid LCR v4
dialler box there to "redirect" any calls over the PSTN if possible (i.e. by
being connected to the adaptor?) over various carriers?

Has anyone tried this and got it to work or have you any ideas about what
adaptors (if any) can do this?

Regards
Sunil

Old December 8th 05, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

Does anyone know if there is a VoIP adapter which allows
you to pass calls over your chosen VoIP provider
(VoIPBuster/VoIPCheap etc) but which can also be
programmed to pass calls over the PSTN if you wish - the
idea being that I would like any of these 'PSTN calls' to
pass through a Orchid LCR v4 dialler box there to
"redirect" any calls over the PSTN if possible (i.e. by
being connected to the adaptor?) over various carriers?
Has anyone tried this and got it to work or have you any
ideas about what adaptors (if any) can do this?

Regards
Sunil

The AVM Fritz!Box Fon can be programmed with dialling rules to route
entire numbers or just prefixes over the PSTN or any of the VoIP accounts
you have registered in it (up to 10). I have mine set to route calls other
than those to mobiles or 0845/0870 numbers via Sipgate, the remainder
(including 999 calls) go via PSTN. It will also allow dialling in on VoIP
and out again over PSTN (although I haven't tried this personally). See
www.avm.de/en for info.

Ivor

Old December 8th 05, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:30:55 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

Does anyone know if there is a VoIP adapter which allows
you to pass calls over your chosen VoIP provider
(VoIPBuster/VoIPCheap etc) but which can also be
programmed to pass calls over the PSTN if you wish - the
idea being that I would like any of these 'PSTN calls' to
pass through a Orchid LCR v4 dialler box there to
"redirect" any calls over the PSTN if possible (i.e. by
being connected to the adaptor?) over various carriers?
Has anyone tried this and got it to work or have you any
ideas about what adaptors (if any) can do this?

What you are wanting to do is a standard thing in an ATA. That is the
purpose of the dial plan you don't need any special adapters.The only
thing you can't do (with a Sipura anyway) is insert a delay.
This is an example of PART of a dial plan. You can use gw0 to mean
PSTN on a Sipura SPA-3000.
(:00441274[2-9]xxxxx|00xx.:@gw4|0:0044[1-2]xx.|0800xx.:@gw3)
If you can't set gateways on your ATA then use setting such as:-
;usr=aaaaaa;pwd="bbbbbbb";nat=ye s

If this explains what you want to do google some postings I have made
previously on this subject and you'll find what you
want...alternatively check out user forums on www.voxilla.com

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.