Help with Vigor 2600VG and Plustalk (from Plusnet)

Old December 9th 05, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon

Default Help with Vigor 2600VG and Plustalk (from Plusnet)

Hello All,

Any help appreciated. I recently subscribed to plustalk (my ISPs VoIP
offering) on a 30-day basis to see what it's like and I'm having a few
set up troubles.

My ISP is only prepared to support the use of X-Lite which is a
softphone, however my router has 2 built-on VoIP ports, to which I have
connected a standard landline phone via an adapter.

At present I can initiate a call from the phone by dialling the full
area code plus the number followed by the # key. When the call is
answered however no audio flows in either direction, although the router
reports the call as active.

When my incoming 0845 number is dialled the handset on my desk will
ring, but when I pick the receiver up it stops ringing but the calling
phone carries on with "ring-ring" as if the call has not been answered.

I have all of the settings in the router and I've verified with Draytek
and Plusnet that they are correct, so now I'm on my own.
--
Regards
Jon
Old December 10th 05, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jon wrote:
Any help appreciated. I recently subscribed to plustalk (my ISPs VoIP
offering) on a 30-day basis to see what it's like and I'm having a few
set up troubles.

[...]

I have all of the settings in the router and I've verified with Draytek
and Plusnet that they are correct, so now I'm on my own.

Set up a (free) account with sipgate and see if it works there.
Chris
Old December 12th 05, 02:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Are you forwarding port 5060 and others to the computer running the X-Lite ?
Could be your phone ? Try different one.
Regards,
Martin