Occasional crackle or clicking on Vonage?

Old December 10th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

Default Occasional crackle or clicking on Vonage?

I've been using Vonage for a few months now, I seem to be getting more
frequent crackle or probably better described as occasional clicking on the line
which can be heard both ends.

I've tried all 3 settings on the Vonage site for adjusting the quality bandwidth
but its not made a lot if any difference.

I notice that although the Linksys RT31P2 router has a 'voice' option in its
settings config... there is nothing in there, other than a message ' Referring
you to Vonage'... LOL

BY cable speed is 4meg./ 384k upload

Anyone got any suggestions, oh and BTW I don't think its the actual phones,
I've tried others.

Regards

Brian

Or is it just a case.. WELCOME TO VOIP
Old December 10th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:20:12 GMT, Brian
wrote:

Or is it just a case.. WELCOME TO VOIP

Now waiting for Mr Jones to come along and try and flog
you Sipgate and you know just how bad Sipgate is , that
was the first VOIP service that I called you with when I
first ventured into the world of VOIP .

Yawn.......

Ivor

Old December 10th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:22:16 -0000, "Ivor Jones"

wrote:

Or is it just a case.. WELCOME TO VOIP
Now waiting for Mr Jones to come along and try and
flog you Sipgate and you know just how bad Sipgate is
, that was the first VOIP service that I called you
with when I first ventured into the world of VOIP .

Yawn.......

Ivor

I told you he wouldn't be long Brian )))) .

Yawn, stretch, reach for beer......

Ivor

Old December 11th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

wrote:

Or is it just a case.. WELCOME TO VOIP
Now waiting for Mr Jones to come along and try and
flog you Sipgate and you know just how bad Sipgate is
, that was the first VOIP service that I called you
with when I first ventured into the world of VOIP .

Yawn.......

Ivor

I told you he wouldn't be long Brian )))) .

Yawn, stretch, reach for beer......

Place sandwiches in easy reach, settles down into comfy chair... ;-)