Sipdiscount Help Please

Old December 12th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

Default Sipdiscount Help Please

Hello

I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.

Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering 0044
before I dial.

I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
looked in all the router settings including the ones on /Voice_adminPage.htm
page.

Can anyone help at all??

Old December 12th 05, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"PhilÅ" wrote in message
Hello

I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.

Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering
0044 before I dial.

I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
looked in all the router settings including the ones on
/Voice_adminPage.htm page.

Can anyone help at all??

It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a Sipura.

There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
all about crafting a dial plan.
http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopi...181a57d37.html

Old December 12th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

Hello

I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.

Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering
0044 before I dial.

I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
looked in all the router settings including the ones on
/Voice_adminPage.htm page.

Can anyone help at all??

It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a
Sipura.

There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
all about crafting a dial plan.
http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopi...181a57d37.html

Many thanks for the link.

I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.

It is

(0:0044[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | :0044151[3-5]xxxxxS0)

Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok. I
do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.

But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..

I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07, 08,
but not 09(Premium)??

And what does the [3-5] represent??

Old December 12th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

Hello

I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.

Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering
0044 before I dial.

I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
looked in all the router settings including the ones on
/Voice_adminPage.htm page.

Can anyone help at all??

It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a
Sipura.

There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
all about crafting a dial plan.

http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopi...2694cb75554878
181a57d37.html

Many thanks for the link.

I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.

It is

(0:0044[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | :0044151[3-5]xxxxxS0)

Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok. I
do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.

But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..

I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07, 08,
but not 09(Premium)??

0[78]x.

And what does the [3-5] represent??

That means you can dial local Liverpool numbers starting with 3 or 4 or
5.

However I think your dial plan for local is wrong. S0 indicates that the
dialling is complete after 6 digits are dialled, whereas you need 7 in
Liverpool. I would have thought the dialplan for Liverpool local calls
would be :0044151[2-9]xxxxxxs0

DF
Old December 12th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

"David Floyd" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, you are right, I copied someone settings from a Bolton exchange, but
did add the extra x on the router setup. Cheers.

I am confused on the 0[78]x bit, where do I put that??. Sorry for being so
thick.

Being rude, could someone edit my string so I can just paste it in, I have a
headache as I have been doing this for 2 days now.

Regards.

P.S. before I go, I assume this sipdiscount does not give an incoming
number, which is fine. With my router I have sipgate on line 1, can I route
these calls to line 2 so I can just use one phone. Sipdiscount for outgoing
and incoming calls being diverted to the other port??. I can see I can
divert, but I don't think with the sipdiscount account I can get incoming
calls??

Old December 12th 05, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.

It is

(0:0044[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | :0044151[3-5]xxxxxS0)

Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok.
do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.

But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..

I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07,
08,
but not 09(Premium)??

0[78]x.

I am confused on the 0[78]x bit, where do I put that??. Sorry for being so
thick.

0[78]x.
Means allow calls beginning 07 or 08 followed by any number of digits.
But if you want these to go via SipDiscount then I misinformed you,
because you also need 0044.

You might need to experiment a bit. I use a Sipura3000 which has
gateways and I divert 0800 numbers to BT and I bar 0870 and 0845
numbers, so I'm not sure if the following will work as you want.

(0:0044[1278]xxxxxxxxxS0 |:0044151[2-9]xxxxxxS0 )

now S0(space) is OK with 02, 07 and 0151 numbers, but not a good idea
for 01 and 08 numbers as these can be shorter than 11 digits. Also this
is assuming that you want all of these calls to go via SipDiscount.

So, perhaps the following might be better:
(0:0044[1278]x.|:0044151[2-9]xxxxxxS0 )

which will allow any number of digits after 01,02,07 or 08 to be
dialled. There will be a pause of a few seconds (maybe 4 secs) after
you've finished dialling as the box does not know how many digits to
expect, but you can speed things up by dialling # after the last digit;
or you could have a more complicated dial plan.

DF
Old December 12th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

[...]

Cheers Dave, that has fixed it.
Thanks again, Phil