Accessing [email protected] remotly

Old December 15th 05, 05:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default Accessing [email protected] remotly

Okay, here is the situation...

I live in the UK and have setup an [email protected] server at home.
I am currently in New Zealand visiting family, but have brought my Linksys
PAP2 + a DECT phone and my laptop with me.

I am trying, without much success, to get the PAP2 to connect to my asterisk
box at home so I can receive calls from my BT line here (and make them if I
wish)

I have a router both ends, and can port forward what I want.
Asterisk has the line "externip=MY WAN IP ADDRESS" in the sip.conf and can
happily connect to Sipgate, 18866, voipbuster to name a few.

What ports do I need to forward on both routers, and what settings do I need
to change on the PAP2 (It is currently setup to work on my internal LAN (and
does work there fine)
I have tried forwarding port 5060 on the NZ router, and changing the server
the pap2 tries to contact from the internal IP of my AAH box, to the router
the AAH box is connected to, but it doesn't work :-(

I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the AAH
box.
5030-5070 UDP
8000-8010 UDP
4560-4570 UDP
10000-20000 TCP & UDP

Thanks for any pointers!

Old December 15th 05, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Davew

Sparks wrote:
[...]

Try adding:
Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP
Old December 18th 05, 02:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the
AAH
box.
5030-5070 UDP
8000-8010 UDP
4560-4570 UDP
10000-20000 TCP & UDP

Thanks for any pointers!

Try adding:
Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP

Still no joy :-(

I can connect to sipgate with the pap2 no problmes, so the router the NZ end
is obviously ok.
I have two broadband coccections, and have just tried switching the
connection the Asterisk box uses and configured this router to port forward
the relevent ports, stil no joy :-(

Any other suggestions!

Sparks...

Old December 18th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sparks" [email protected] wrote in message

I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the
AAH
box.
5030-5070 UDP
8000-8010 UDP
4560-4570 UDP
10000-20000 TCP & UDP

Thanks for any pointers!

Try adding:
Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP

Still no joy :-(

I can connect to sipgate with the pap2 no problmes, so the router the NZ
end is obviously ok.
I have two broadband coccections, and have just tried switching the
connection the Asterisk box uses and configured this router to port
forward the relevent ports, stil no joy :-(

Any other suggestions!

Sparks...

Make sure your sip.conf looks something like this:

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
externip=123.456.7.8 ;this should be your public IP address
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ; modify, depending on Router's subnet
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
callerid = Unknown
canreinvite=no
progressinband=yes

#include sip_nat.conf