Connecting a POTS phone to modem without POTS port.

Old December 17th 05, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wim

Default Connecting a POTS phone to modem without POTS port.

My ISP will soon start offering some Voip service. I want
to try that of course.
My ADSL modem/router has no possibility to connect a phone,
and I prefer not to buy another modem.

I know that there are devices to which I can connect
a POTS phone, and connect that device to my ADSL router
by ethernet. But until now, I am not able to find them.
Can anybody help?

Wim
Old December 17th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Wim" wrote in message
My ISP will soon start offering some Voip service. I want
to try that of course.
My ADSL modem/router has no possibility to connect a phone,
and I prefer not to buy another modem.

I know that there are devices to which I can connect
a POTS phone, and connect that device to my ADSL router
by ethernet. But until now, I am not able to find them.
Can anybody help?

Wim

You've not tried very hard.

Linksys/Sipura make "analogue telephone adapters", to name just one. (or is
it two)

There are a number of ATAs here www.provu.co.uk

Old December 17th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Wim writes:
My ISP will soon start offering some Voip service. I want
to try that of course.
My ADSL modem/router has no possibility to connect a phone,
and I prefer not to buy another modem.

I know that there are devices to which I can connect
a POTS phone, and connect that device to my ADSL router
by ethernet. But until now, I am not able to find them.
Can anybody help?

They are called ATA's -- Analogue Telephone Adaptors.
I use SPA-3000's, but that's at the top end of the
feature set, complexity, and price bracket.
There are much cheaper ones.

--
Andrew Gabriel