Using Sipgate, short delay before calling person can hear me.

Old December 19th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

Default Using Sipgate, short delay before calling person can hear me.

I have a Sipura 2000 with a dect phone connected, and I am using
Sipgate.
Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes about a three or
four second delay after I answer the call, before the person calling can
hear me speaking, occasionally resulting in the caller hanging up,
thinking their call is not being answered.. As this is only occasional,
I don't think it is my set up that is the problem, and as it has only
recently started doing this, without any changes at my end, then this
probably points to a problem elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing
this, or does anyone know what the problem might be.

Old December 19th 05, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"GwG" wrote in message

I have a Sipura 2000 with a dect phone connected, and I
am using Sipgate.
Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes
about a three or four second delay after I answer the
call, before the person calling can hear me speaking,
occasionally resulting in the caller hanging up, thinking
their call is not being answered.. As this is only
occasional, I don't think it is my set up that is the
problem, and as it has only recently started doing this,
without any changes at my end, then this probably points
to a problem elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing this,
or does anyone know what the problem might be.

It's quite common, it isn't you, there is sometimes a delay on the system,
nobody seems to know why. You will find that the caller is probably
hearing ring tone right up until they can hear you. I've got used to it so
it's not a major headache for me.

(Cue Dexter and the anti-Sipgate brigade...)

Ivor

Old December 19th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"GwG" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Ivor, yes the caller does hear the ringing tone up until my
speech gets through.

(Cue Dexter and the anti-Sipgate brigade...)

He's been sectioned on my system for months ;-)

Old December 19th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:52:41 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"GwG" wrote in message

[...]

I also have this problem, but its only been like that for the last few
months. Sipgate must have made some changes to the system which cause
this as it worked quite normally when I first had my account with them

Chris
Old December 20th 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:41:48 GMT, "GwG"
wrote:

Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes about a three or
four second delay after I answer the call, before the person calling can
hear me speaking,

I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.
--
Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Old December 24th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

wrote:
I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.

It isn't inherent in voip at all.

Tim
Old December 24th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:21:54 +0000, Tim Bray
wrote:

I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.

It isn't inherent in voip at all.

I'm glad to hear that. Can you tell me what causes it, and how I can
get rid of it?