Sipdiscount - Problems calling US / Canada

Old December 20th 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth Evans

Default Sipdiscount - Problems calling US / Canada

I can call UK landlines and mobiles and the quality is really good. When
calling US or Canadian numbers I can hear them, but they can't hear me. Any
ideas why?

Gareth

Old December 20th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Flipflops

"Gareth Evans" wrote in message
I can call UK landlines and mobiles and the quality is really good. When
calling US or Canadian numbers I can hear them, but they can't hear me. Any
ideas why?

Gareth

Try a different proxy, I was just on the phone to the US 20 mins ago and all
as fine. Think I'm using connectionserver.sipdiscount.com. Of course, I am
not traversing a NAT to get there, but if your UK numbers work that
shouldn't be the issue.

Old December 20th 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth Evans

"Mr Flipflops" wrote in message
"Gareth Evans" wrote in message
I can call UK landlines and mobiles and the quality is really good. When
calling US or Canadian numbers I can hear them, but they can't hear me.
Any ideas why?

Gareth

Try a different proxy, I was just on the phone to the US 20 mins ago and
all as fine. Think I'm using connectionserver.sipdiscount.com. Of
course, I am not traversing a NAT to get there, but if your UK numbers
work that shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks, that seemed to have worked, though my call quality isn't that great,
it breaks up every few seconds. How many servers addresses are there? I've
now seen:

sip.sipdiscount.com
sip1.sipdiscount.com
connectionserver.sipdiscount.com