Toll free number for UK ?

Old December 22nd 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Toll free number for UK ?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to set up a toll free number
originating from UK and either terminating in US or India. Are there
any VoiP companies which do this ?

Thanks in advance ,
vivekian

Old December 22nd 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to set up a toll free number
originating from UK and either terminating in US or India. Are there
any VoiP companies which do this ?

If I have understood your requirements correctly, you could set up an 0800
number with voipfone. Then, you could either log into that with a voipfone
in US or India, or you could have it forward to a US or India landline using
the facilities on the voipfone website.

You can also do similarly with other voip providers.

Old December 22nd 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mark Adamson wrote :

If I have understood your requirements correctly, you could set up an 0800
number with voipfone. Then, you could either log into that with a voipfone
in US or India, or you could have it forward to a US or India landline using
the facilities on the voipfone website.

How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800 number.
Please give me some pointers on that .

Thanks ,
vivekian

Old December 22nd 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

wrote:
Mark Adamson wrote :

How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800 number.
Please give me some pointers on that .

Thanks ,
vivekian

sign up for an account at
www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
set up and working in a few seconds

Mat

Old December 23rd 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Mathew Curtis wrote:
wrote:

Mark Adamson wrote :

How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800 number.
Please give me some pointers on that .

Thanks ,
vivekian

sign up for an account at
www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
set up and working in a few seconds

Do you know if the 5/month includes incoming call costs?
Old December 23rd 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message

[snip]

Do you know if the 5/month includes incoming call costs?

Doubtful. They have no way of knowing the call volume you'd be getting.

Ivor

Old December 23rd 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Mathew Curtis wrote:
||| sign up for an account at
www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
||| in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
||| builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
||| 'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything
||| is set up and working in a few seconds
|| Do you know if the 5/month includes incoming call costs?

AFAIK it's 3ppm for inbound calls, in addition to the 5pm

Old December 23rd 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mathew Curtis wrote:

sign up for an account at www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
set up and working in a few seconds

Mat

Hey,

I followed that . A couple of questions though. Can these incoming
calls be forwarded to some other international number , lets say a
landline number in india.

Would voipfone charge extra for the call diversion. So the scenario
would be the call coming from UK to US and then being diverted to
India. So i presume i would be paying incoming charges from UK to US
and then paying calling charges from US to India. Any help is welcome.

thanks again to all replies ..
vivek