Is it possible with cable.

Old December 23rd 05, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Is it possible with cable.

Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
VoIP service?
jack
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old December 23rd 05, 03:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martyn Dewar

wrote:

Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
VoIP service?
jack

It should "Just Work™"

hth.
Old December 23rd 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh :
Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
VoIP service?
jack
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

I'm a Telewest user , broadband only (+free TV) and use VoIP as my main and
only 'landline' telephone service. Having a telephone service from Telewest
won't prevent you using VoIP.

Old December 23rd 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

wrote in message
Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
VoIP service?
jack
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

You shouldn't be let loose on a computer.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:17:36 +0000, Martyn Dewar

Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
VoIP service?
jack

I changed to Telewest for that sole reason. I wanted to avoid paying
for my landline.
I use a Sipura SPA-3000.The SPA-3000 does allow use of a standard
landline too but I don't need it. However, I do intend to attach a
door phone to that port so it will serve a good purpose.
The SPA-3000 has 'gateway' setting that permits the setting up of
different operators. This is so that you can set a dial plan to call
out via the operator of your choice for any given number type.
However, this facility is not really necessary as there are other ways
of achieving the same goal within the dial plan.
Now that I know more about ATA set ups and voip I wish that I had got
the SPA-1001. That would have allowed me 2 incoming numbers on one
port, or an SPA-2002 giving the same thing but on 2 ports.
When you come to want more detailed info try Googling/posting on this
group or check out voxilla.com

It should "Just Work™"

This comment does have a degree of truth. I can be on the phone and
doing some browsing and all is OK. However, there are times when the
sound quality can be a bit poor. Even so it is perfectly OK for its
purpose.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.