Asterisk Sound Files

Old December 23rd 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk Sound Files

Hi,

Has anyone had any success with the sound files found here?

http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmfiles.html

The tar files download OK, but the contents do not extract.

Many thanks

Matthew

Old December 23rd 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Broomhall

On 23 Dec 2005 01:22:42 -0800, "Matt"
wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone had any success with the sound files found here?

http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmfiles.html

The tar files download OK, but the contents do not extract.

Works for me. I also tried using gunzip on the file, and it
seemed to think it was OK - but mentioned 'trailing garbage ignored'.

It looks as if all the files are there though - and I've played a
few of them to check.

Regards,
Harry.

Old December 23rd 05, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| Hi,
|| Has anyone had any success with the sound files found here?
|| http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmfiles.html
|| The tar files download OK, but the contents do not extract.
|| Many thanks
|| Matthew

The WAVs certainly play OK. I've not tried the GSM ones yet.

Would I choose either, or both.......? (If I want to use them)

I'd also /really/ like to know how to use a WAV to replace the actual
personalised greeting, rather than just the system sounds.

Old December 23rd 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Jono

Which bit of the personalised greeting do you want to change?

Matt

Old December 23rd 05, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

just tried to d/l again.

Upload to the asterisk box...

tar -xvf vmukmale.tar
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

Old December 23rd 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| Jono
|| Which bit of the personalised greeting do you want to change?
|| Matt

The bit that you would record by dialing into voicemail and selecting 0 for
mailbox optons, then 1 to record your unavailable message.

I'm not a lover of my own recorded voice but have a wav that I would like to
use.

Old December 23rd 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| just tried to d/l again.
|| Upload to the asterisk box...
|| tar -xvf vmukmale.tar
|| tar: This does not look like a tar archive
|| tar: Skipping to next header
|| tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
|| tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
|| Any ideas?
|| Thanks
|| Matt

I've emailed them to you (Extracted but zipped.)

Old December 23rd 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Conver...se+in+Asterisk
to convert the .wav

http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3398180 for where to
put the file.

Hope this helps

Matt

Old December 23rd 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Conver...se+in+Asterisk
|| to convert the .wav
|| http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3398180 for where to
|| put the file.
|| Hope this helps
|| Matt

It did, thank you.

Strange, though. It works as I want it too now, yet I've already tried the
steps mentioned before and it didn't work.

Oh well, it's working now!

Old December 23rd 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Matt wrote:
snip tale of woe

See Also:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ast...filetype%3Agsm

a few useful hits :-)

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:32:35 up 15 days, 7:08, 1 user, load average: 0.46, 0.44, 0.56