Any other company besides voipfone

Old December 26th 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Any other company besides voipfone

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any other company besides voipfone which
provides the same services as voipfone.

thanks in advance ,
vivekian

Old December 26th 05, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

The same service? No. Companies offer different services, not all offer
the exact same combination of services or tariffs

OK , maybe similar services.

thanks,
vivekian

Old December 27th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 26 Dec 2005 09:02:08 -0800, wrote:

The same service? No. Companies offer different services, not all offer
the exact same combination of services or tariffs

OK , maybe similar services.

thanks,
vivekian

It isn't just a case of whether a company offers similar services.
Other factors such as reliabilty are important. you can have a
plethora of service but if you can't rely on the service being
available they are of little use.

Here is a quick run down of some companies you can check out....

voipfone is fairly reliable, has many good, polished, facilities. I
think that their pricing/packages could be better.

vonage is said to be reliable but I think that it is VERY expensive.
FreeTalk is similar, I believe, at a cheaper price - though I think
still too expensive.

voip.co.uk is, so far, from my experience, very reliable and, I think,
offers the best tariff. The problem is that they don't actually
provide all the services they claim to on their web site - at least
not last time I tried. There is NO voicemail at all and NO forwarding.
'Calller display', 'call waiting' and '141 CLI blocking' work OK.
You can buy additional geo numbers for a one-off charge but as there
are limited facilities, currently, that will work with them then they
are less inviting than they might be. No point in complaining, to
them, that the voicemail isn't working as they will just reply that
it will be fixed 'at the weekend' - in what year it is unknown. I'm
resolved to a long wait! I've put an old fashioned answering machine
on my line now. If they really did fix the voicemail and forwarding
then they would be the 'tops' as far as I am concerned. Summary: Good
tariff, reliable, need to improve on facilities.

voiptalk and voipuser - I've never managed to get them to work so no
comments.

gradwell - Reputed to be good but, I think, pricey.

gossiptel - no comment

sipgate - free geo numbers, somewhat basic voicemail. No further
comments.
Dexter and Ivor hold opposite views. Best to google groups on this
one!

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 27th 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Brian A" wrote in message

[snip]

sipgate - free geo numbers, somewhat basic voicemail. No
further comments.
Dexter and Ivor hold opposite views. Best to google
groups on this one!

Dexter is no longer a Sipgate customer and so cannot make any currently
valid comments..!

[stands back...]

Ivor

Old December 27th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:45:19 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message

[snip]

sipgate - free geo numbers, somewhat basic voicemail.
No further comments.
Dexter and Ivor hold opposite views. Best to google
groups on this one!

Dexter is no longer a Sipgate customer and so cannot
make any currently valid comments..!

But he has a couple of friends who are

Then let them speak for themselves.

and it certainly
looks like you are still on the Sipgate payroll EUROPEN .

EUROPEN..? Don't understand that one at all. And I still don't work for
Sipgate but even if I did it is no business of yours.

Ivor

Old December 29th 05, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Mark wrote:

Sorry but I also have no issues with sipgate

Me neither, been using them pretty solidly now for at least half a year.
Old December 29th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message
Mark wrote:

Sorry but I also have no issues with sipgate

Me neither, been using them pretty solidly now for at
least half a year.

I've been with them since they started up in the UK. A few outages in the
early part of this year, but otherwise no problems at all. I agree the
voicemail audio files need re-recording, but that's a minor issue. It
doesn't talk to me in German any more, anyway..! (My German has improved
so it wasn't all bad..!)

Ivor