VOIPCheap CLI

Old December 27th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Default VOIPCheap CLI

I got a geographic number from VOIPCheap and they assigned me 0161-700 xxxx

I thought that was pretty cool because I live in North Manchester, and my
landline number begins with 0161-7, as do most lines around here.

Some other facts about this number:

BT Caller display reports it as unavailable but

1471 reports the number in full, but as an international call

Dialing the number from my landline gives continental style ringback

It is not a 'protected' number that requires an FQN; I can just dial the
last 7 digits.

Does everyone get a Manchester number from VOIPCheap?

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 27th 05, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
I got a geographic number from VOIPCheap and they assigned me
0161-700 xxxx
I thought that was pretty cool because I live in North Manchester,
and my landline number begins with 0161-7, as do most lines around
here.

Some other facts about this number:

BT Caller display reports it as unavailable but

1471 reports the number in full, but as an international call

Dialing the number from my landline gives continental style ringback

It is not a 'protected' number that requires an FQN; I can just dial
the last 7 digits.

Does everyone get a Manchester number from VOIPCheap?

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

It does occasionally send the number in international format, when people who
use VoIP Cheap calls myself, it displays the full international number on my
Caller ID, as I only use VoIP.

You can indeed just use the local number to call your VoIP Cheap number.

Yes, when calling it, it rings in the continental style, not a problem to me,

No, everyone doesn't get a Manchester number, I have a Birmingham 0121 660
number, others have London 020 numbers, some people who aren't in an area they
VoIP Cheap have numbers for get a 0560 VoIP number.

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk

Old December 27th 05, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

No, everyone doesn't get a Manchester number, I have a Birmingham 0121 660
number, others have London 020 numbers, some people who aren't in an area

they
VoIP Cheap have numbers for get a 0560 VoIP number.

Which rather begs the question: How did they know that I am in Manchester
and you are in Birmingham?

Actually, thinking about this further, there is a way they might have
guessed.
Most of the calls I made before parting with my GBP5 (that cut off after 1
Min) were to my own landline.
Another odd thing is before you put money in the account, you can dial a UK
number in national format, but afterwards you have to use international
format.

Incidentally my Sipgate number is 0161-660 XXXX

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 27th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sunil Sood

"Graham" wrote in message ...
Which rather begs the question: How did they know that I am in Manchester
and you are in Birmingham?

You gave them your name and address when you signed up/purchased credit?

Regards
Sunil

Old December 27th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Which rather begs the question: How did they know that I am in
Manchester
and you are in Birmingham?

You gave them your name and address when you signed up/purchased credit?

Regards
Sunil

It was by PayPal.
I have never been on the receiving end of a PP transaction, would they get
my address?

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 27th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Graham" wrote in message

[snip]

It was by PayPal.
I have never been on the receiving end of a PP
transaction, would they get my address?

Graham.

Yes, unless you specifically blocked it, it's set to be sent by default
when you make a payment.

Ivor

Old December 27th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
No, everyone doesn't get a Manchester number, I have a Birmingham
0121 660 number, others have London 020 numbers, some people who
aren't in an area they VoIP Cheap have numbers for get a 0560 VoIP
number.

Which rather begs the question: How did they know that I am in
Manchester and you are in Birmingham?

Actually, thinking about this further, there is a way they might have
guessed.
Most of the calls I made before parting with my GBP5 (that cut off
after 1 Min) were to my own landline.
Another odd thing is before you put money in the account, you can
dial a UK number in national format, but afterwards you have to use
international format.

Incidentally my Sipgate number is 0161-660 XXXX

My Sipgate number is 0121 314 nnnn
Old December 28th 05, 01:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh 0131 516 xxxx:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:46:24 GMT, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

My Sipgate number is 0121 314 nnnn

My Sipgate number is 0131 516 xxxx

Bottoms up!!

Don't think I'll bother listing all my other Sipgate numbers I have from
around the UK.

Old December 28th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

. uk
wrote:
My Sipgate number is 0121 314 nnnn

My Sipgate number is 0131 516 xxxx

Bottoms up!!

Don't think I'll bother listing all my other Sipgate
numbers I have from around the UK.

How do you dial the x's ;-)

BTW my speaking clock on Sipgate 1431320 (020 7043 1320) is feeling a bit
neglected, give it a call..!

Ivor

Old December 29th 05, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
BTW my speaking clock on Sipgate 1431320 (020 7043 1320) is feeling a bit
neglected, give it a call..!

It seems to be a little fast.
Well a half a second or so anyway.

--