voip.co.uk outbound call problems

Old December 29th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default voip.co.uk outbound call problems

Hi, when using the Linksys PAP2 with my voip.co.uk account, and calling
my mobile i have two problems.

One is the ringtone is a US one.

The other problem is when i hang up the call does not end, If i reject
the call on my mobile (busy, no voicemail) the call calls back again,
and again.

Anyone else had similar problems?
Old December 29th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:44:20 +0000, Sean
wrote:

One is the ringtone is a US one.

The ringtone is generated by your ATA - nothing to do with voip.co.uk

The other problem is when i hang up the call does not end, If i reject
the call on my mobile (busy, no voicemail) the call calls back again,
and again.

All calls are controlled by the calling number, so you can only end
the call from the initiating end. However, it sounds like something is
not telling your ATA that the call has been rejected. Possibly some
port forwarding problem?

--
Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Old December 29th 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

One is the ringtone is a US one.

The ringtone is generated by your ATA - nothing to do
with voip.co.uk

Only if the call is to another VoIP number. If you're calling a BT number
you'll get a BT ring tone. Call a German number and you'll get a German
ring tone, etc.

Ivor

Old December 29th 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

The ringtone is ok for all other providers i have used

And it hangs up with all other providers i have used
Old December 29th 05, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

wrote:

One is the ringtone is a US one.

The ringtone is generated by your ATA - nothing to do
with voip.co.uk

Only if the call is to another VoIP number. If you're calling a BT number
you'll get a BT ring tone. Call a German number and you'll get a German
ring tone, etc.

Ivor

Call is to a t-mobile mobile
Old December 30th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:06:22 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Only if the call is to another VoIP number. If you're calling a BT number
you'll get a BT ring tone. Call a German number and you'll get a German
ring tone, etc.

Certainly not the case here, using two different providers. I rang our
landline number and got US ring tones until I sorted out the ATA
configs.
Old December 30th 05, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Max Power

Sean wrote:
Hi, when using the Linksys PAP2 with my voip.co.uk account, and calling
my mobile i have two problems.

One is the ringtone is a US one.

The other problem is when i hang up the call does not end, If i reject
the call on my mobile (busy, no voicemail) the call calls back again,
and again.

Anyone else had similar problems?

I have the same problem of not being able to end a call. I raised this
problem with their helpdesk and received this reply:

Thanks for reporting this fault.

We are aware of this issue, it relates to an interconnect that one of our
carriers is using and will hopefully be fixed in the next few days, we know
that it affects Vodafone, O2, T-Mobile and BT in this way.

To explain, once your original call attempt is disconnected our VoIP
platform terminates the call request. At the moment our carrier however
continues to attempt to place the call to the destination, as they do not
interpret the call termination signal correctly in the signalling. The
subsequent calls your landline receives will be from them and as such will
not necessarily carry the CLI we were sending, thus 1471 reports number
unavailable.

If your call is successful and connection is made then hanging up the phone
will terminate the call as normal.

This problem has caused us much frustration and has affected all our
customers and we are trying to get a resolution ASAP. Unfortunately I do not
have an exact timescale to give but we sincerely hope that it will be fixed
by the weekend and will do everything that we can to ensure this.

Kind Regards,

~ Chris

Problem still hasn't been sorted weeks later!
Old December 30th 05, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Max Power wrote:
Sean wrote:

[...]

OK, i will try and get my 10 back, and not bother using them... Wonder
how much luck i will have with that!
Old December 30th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

news
wrote:

Only if the call is to another VoIP number. If you're
calling a BT number you'll get a BT ring tone. Call a
German number and you'll get a German ring tone, etc.

Certainly not the case here, using two different
providers. I rang our landline number and got US ring
tones until I sorted out the ATA configs.

Interesting, I always get a BT ringing tone if I call a BT line, a German
tone if I call there and a US tone if I call there. Not tried any other
destinations.

Ivor