configuring a cisco 7940 behind a simple firewall

Old December 30th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

Default configuring a cisco 7940 behind a simple firewall

Hi,

I would like to put my cisco 7940 (similar to 7960) behind by draytek
Vigor2600 and use sipgate.

I did manage to get this to register a few days ago but like a fool I
changed something witout backing up the working config file and now I
cannot get back!

My 7960 always fails to register:

SIP Phone sh reg

LINE REGISTRATION TABLE
Proxy Registration: ENABLED, state: IDLE
line APR state timer expires proxyort
---- --- ------------- ---------- ---------- -------------------
1 .1x REGISTERING 60 17 sipgate.co.uk:5060

I believe these are the relevant lines from my config file:

[email protected]$ egrep '(nat|proxy1|line1)' SIPMAC.cnf
nat_enable : 1
nat_address : "my_public_ip"
nat_received_processing : 1
line1_name : "username"
line1_authname : "username"
line1_password : "password"
line1_shortname : "myshortname"
line1_displayname : "myphone"
proxy1_address : "sipgate.co.uk"
proxy1_port : 5060

My vigor2600 config forwards the following incoming port ranges to
the device:

16384 - 32766 UDP
5060 - 5070 TCP

Unfortunately when dumping logs from my router I don't see any
connections from my device out to sipgate.co.uk.

My knowledge of nat is not good so apologies if this is a basic
problem...

BTW - I'd rather not put this onto a DMZ, if it can be avoided.

Many thanks,

Ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435
Old December 31st 05, 03:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Ben,

I am not sure about "registration". I use Cisco ATA188 with
VoIPBuster/SIPDiscount. I am able to make calls, but when I try to turn the
"registration" on, it fails. So, I just turned it off. It's probably
required if you have DID phone number to receive calls, but outbound calls
work without registration.

Good luck,

Mike
www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com