call diversion and voip.co.uk

Old December 31st 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DMac

Default call diversion and voip.co.uk

Hi asked a while back if call forward was working. At the time it wasn't -
but was being looked into.

If it is - can you divert to any dialable number (fixed or mobile) with you
picking up the tab for the diverted leg

Set an unconditional forward so that if your ATA is switched off or you lose
internet service at home it
will forward to a nominated number

Or is the forwarding done by your ATA in which case what happens if you lose
your connectivity?

Can you alter this forwarding no from a webpage

Finally are the call charges in minute chunks or by the second

Many thanks

DM

Old December 31st 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

Set an unconditional forward so that if your ATA is switched off or you
lose internet service at home it
will forward to a nominated number

So far, the only provider that seems to offer this is Gradwell, and thats
only on their pbx product whose pricing isn't quite as friendly as
voipfones. I hope voipfone and others introduce it soon, as it seems an
obvious selling point for people who don't trust the reliability of ADSL.

Let me know if any others offer this for a reasonable price though.

Old December 31st 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cjd

As far as Voipfone goes:

1. Calls can be forwarded to any number on any network.
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/index.php?action=Divert

2. If the diverted call is to another Voipfone account, extension or
peer network it's free.If it's to a landline or mobile it becomes
chargeable - about 1p per minute to more or less all landlines (and a
few mobiles) in the Western world.

3.If your network is down or ATA off, calls go to Voicemail. More
sophisticated diverts will be introduced in the next couple of months.
However, if you can get web access to your account from anywhere you
can set or change the divert to any number.

4. Charges are per second rounded up to whole pence.

Colin, Voipfone

Old December 31st 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 31 Dec 2005 10:55:45 -0800, "cjd" wrote:

As far as Voipfone goes:

1. Calls can be forwarded to any number on any network.
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/index.php?action=Divert

2. If the diverted call is to another Voipfone account, extension or
peer network it's free.If it's to a landline or mobile it becomes
chargeable - about 1p per minute to more or less all landlines (and a
few mobiles) in the Western world.

3.If your network is down or ATA off, calls go to Voicemail. More
sophisticated diverts will be introduced in the next couple of months.
However, if you can get web access to your account from anywhere you
can set or change the divert to any number.

4. Charges are per second rounded up to whole pence.

Colin, Voipfone

But, Colin, voicemail doesn't work. I have been complaining about that
since November and nothing has been done. :-(
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 31st 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

Colin, Voipfone

But, Colin, voicemail doesn't work. I have been complaining about that
since November and nothing has been done. :-(

The only problem I get with voipfone voicemail is that occasionally the
caller gets cut off almost immediately by the voicemail, so I get a 0 second
voicemail sent to me.

Sorry I haven't reported it yet

Old December 31st 05, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

3.If your network is down or ATA off, calls go to Voicemail. More
sophisticated diverts will be introduced in the next couple of months.
However, if you can get web access to your account from anywhere you
can set or change the divert to any number.

Great to hear that it will be here soon. I am aware of setting up the web
divert, but I think one of the advantages of voip should be an extra level
of automation and intelligence, not just moving everything to the web.

Additionally, if your internet has gone down, you're going to have to go
somewhere else to find internet to do it, which is a tad frustrating.
Perhaps if you had a wap portal, then we could do it easily on that. Better
though is the automatic failover.

Happy new year!

Old January 1st 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cjd

That's odd, I'm not aware of any problems with Voicemail, I've just
picked up my own messages. (The whole company uses our network so we
get the same service as you do).

You must have a set-up problem, if you want to send me an email to

we'll get it sorted for you.

Old January 1st 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

The best call divert service I have seen is from VoIPtalk on the Prepay
Silver tariff. It's called "Time of Day Forwarding" and allows you to
set diverts (unanswered, always, busy, offline) to voicemail, pstn
numbers etc. depending on the time of day using a rule-based system.

I have rules set up so that calls come through to my mobile in the day
and to voicemail in the evening. It's pretty good and also works from
voip-originated and pstn-originated calls, something that the other
services just can't reliably do.

The only thing is that the prepay silver tariff costs 2.99 per month
but you get a geo number and an extremely low cost tariff (mobiles 10p
peak / 5p weekends).

There is also a no-cost call divert option as well. Look at the
following link:
http://www.voiptalk.org/products/voi...-incoming.html.

Old January 2nd 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

"cjd" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's odd, I'm not aware of any problems with Voicemail, I've just
picked up my own messages. (The whole company uses our network so we
get the same service as you do).

You must have a set-up problem, if you want to send me an email to

we'll get it sorted for you.

Thanks. The caller gets through to voicemail before the issue occurs. By
that point surely they are completely independent of any of my hardware and
are connected directly to your hardware. Therefore my setup cannot be at
fault.

It happens very rarely, but next time it happens, I will send you an email
to give you a more exact description of the timings etc.

Mark

Old January 3rd 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
On 31 Dec 2005 10:55:45 -0800, "cjd" wrote:

As far as Voipfone goes:

1. Calls can be forwarded to any number on any network.
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/index.php?action=Divert

2. If the diverted call is to another Voipfone account, extension or
peer network it's free.If it's to a landline or mobile it becomes
chargeable - about 1p per minute to more or less all landlines (and a
few mobiles) in the Western world.

3.If your network is down or ATA off, calls go to Voicemail. More
sophisticated diverts will be introduced in the next couple of months.
However, if you can get web access to your account from anywhere you
can set or change the divert to any number.

4. Charges are per second rounded up to whole pence.

Colin, Voipfone

But, Colin, voicemail doesn't work.

I thought it was voip.co.uk voicemail that doesn't work for you (and
me). Colin was talking about Voipfone not voip.co.uk