ISDN to SIP?

Old January 1st 06, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ch212

Default ISDN to SIP?

I am looking for a box that has an Ethernet connection, and connections for
an ISDN phone, and ISDN landline's.
Do they exist? If yes: where to buy?

THX

Jerke

Old January 1st 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

ch212 wrote:
|| I am looking for a box that has an Ethernet connection, and
|| connections for an ISDN phone, and ISDN landline's.
|| Do they exist? If yes: where to buy?
|| THX
|| Jerke

Yep.

http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3?Prod...oIP/index.html

Old January 1st 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk
ch212 wrote:
I am looking for a box that has an Ethernet
connection, and connections for an ISDN phone, and
ISDN landline's. Do they exist? If yes: where to buy?

THX

Jerke

Yep.

http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3?Prod...oIP/index.html

Be aware that this device comes in two forms, one for ADSL over analogue
POTS lines, such as in the UK, and also for ADSL over ISDN as in places
like Germany. The two are *not* compatible and despite rumours to the
contrary are not changeable from one to the other with firmware, there are
hardware differences.

However, both will allow either an analogue or ISDN line to act as the
PSTN connection.

I've been using the UK version for some months now and find it excellent.
I've had no problems with firewall issues or port forwarding, it's as
close to plug & play as I've seen in the VoIP market.

Ivor

Old January 2nd 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

ch212 wrote:
I am looking for a box that has an Ethernet connection, and connections for
an ISDN phone, and ISDN landline's.
Do they exist? If yes: where to buy?

A vegastream vega50 will do that for you. I'm not sure if I recommend
this approach - they do work though.

Or alternatively use asterisk and ISDN cards.

Tim
Old January 3rd 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Draytek Vigor 2600VGi can handle two ISDN lines and ADSL, 4 ethernet ports,
WIFI ,two VoIP ports, QoS, VPN etc.
I may be selling mine soon...
Regards,
Martin

Old January 5th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Philippe Deleye"
wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

Be aware that this device comes in two forms, one for
ADSL over analogue POTS lines, such as in the UK, and
also for ADSL over ISDN as in places like Germany. The
two are *not* compatible and despite rumours to the
contrary are not changeable from one to the other with
firmware, there are hardware differences.

Not corrcet - I have read numerous reports on german and
italian newsgroups, confirming that:
a) The "Annex B" Fritz Box (ADSL over ISDN) can be
modified to "Annex A" (ADSL over analogue) via a software.
b) The original "Annex A" ones (sold abroad, e.g. UK)
cannot be modified to "Annex B".

Ah, that explains it. So I couldn't change my Annex A one to Annex B.

The modification from a german (Annex B) router to the
english Annex A version is very simple: just 1 file to be
uploaded in the same way you upload a new Firmware.

Hmm, I was been told that there are hardware differences making the two
incompatible.

However, both will allow either an analogue or ISDN
line to act as the PSTN connection.

Correct.

Please note that there are plenty of (german version)
Fritz Box 7050 for sale on e-bay (they go around 120 EURO)
Please note also that the one sold in Germany (model
7050, with 2 LAN ports) can be setup as a router in stead
of a ADSL modem, thus can be used behind a cable modem
[cable modem connected to the LAN1 port, and your LAN to
the LAN2 port]

Interesting, thanks Philippe.

Ivor