Registering on proxy.voip.co.uk - is there a problem ?

Old January 2nd 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

Default Registering on proxy.voip.co.uk - is there a problem ?

Ok, I have been tinkering with my setup (attempting to get Asterisk configured
with my Sipura SPA-3000). Anyway, I've restored everything back from my backup
I took earlier - but now I can't register onto the proxy.voip.co.uk server. At
the time, I lost my ADSL connection (coincidence !?) - but that's back up and
running now - and I've restarted everything this end......

So is there a problem - or is it me ?

Cheers!
Old January 2nd 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

NutCracker wrote:
|| Ok, I have been tinkering with my setup (attempting to get Asterisk
|| configured with my Sipura SPA-3000). Anyway, I've restored
|| everything back from my backup I took earlier - but now I can't
|| register onto the proxy.voip.co.uk server. At the time, I lost my
|| ADSL connection (coincidence !?) - but that's back up and running
|| now - and I've restarted everything this end......
|| So is there a problem - or is it me ?
|| Cheers!

I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk & it's
working fine ATM:

/123456

Old January 2nd 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:

I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk & it's
working fine ATM:

/123456

They are both the same machine.
Old January 2nd 06, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
||| it's working fine ATM:
||| /123456
|| They are both the same machine.

OK then, different details, address, whatever.

I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

Old January 2nd 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:10:50 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
||| it's working fine ATM:
||| /123456
|| They are both the same machine.

OK then, different details, address, whatever.

I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to put
everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still unable
to reconnect back. Hmmmm

Old January 2nd 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

news

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
||| it's working fine ATM:
||| /123456
|| They are both the same machine.

OK then, different details, address, whatever.

I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
put
everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
unable
to reconnect back. Hmmmm

You a serial tinkerer (like me)?

I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the fault
lies.

Have you tried a softphone?

Old January 2nd 06, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
||| it's working fine ATM:
||| /123456
|| They are both the same machine.

OK then, different details, address, whatever.

I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
put
everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
unable
to reconnect back. Hmmmm

You a serial tinkerer (like me)?

I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the fault
lies.

Have you tried a softphone?

Yeah, I've just tried it with SJPhone and that worked. Bugger. The restore was
based on the .htm file that I saved from the server (admin and advanced). I
thought that the problem was to do with the password not being restored (or
saved for that matter) but I've just re-entered it manually and still no go.....

Old January 2nd 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
||| it's working fine ATM:
||| /123456
|| They are both the same machine.

OK then, different details, address, whatever.

I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
put
everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
unable
to reconnect back. Hmmmm

You a serial tinkerer (like me)?

I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the
fault
lies.

Have you tried a softphone?

Yeah, I've just tried it with SJPhone and that worked. Bugger. The
restore was
based on the .htm file that I saved from the server (admin and advanced).
thought that the problem was to do with the password not being restored
(or
saved for that matter) but I've just re-entered it manually and still no
go.....

Do I take it that you're using your SPA for the registration?

Old January 2nd 06, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

news On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:10:50 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| I'm using a different server for the register line in asterisk &
||| it's working fine ATM:
||| /123456
|| They are both the same machine.

OK then, different details, address, whatever.

I originally tried with proxy.voip.co.uk & it didn't work..

They appear to both resolve to the same IP. Anyway, I was attempting to
put
everything back as it was (prior to playing with Asterisk) and I'm still
unable
to reconnect back. Hmmmm

You a serial tinkerer (like me)?

I would suggest that you prove, one way or an other, exactly where the
fault
lies.

Have you tried a softphone?

Yeah, I've just tried it with SJPhone and that worked. Bugger. The
restore was
based on the .htm file that I saved from the server (admin and advanced).
thought that the problem was to do with the password not being restored
(or
saved for that matter) but I've just re-entered it manually and still no
go.....

Do I take it that you're using your SPA for the registration?

Yes. I had it all working fine with the SPA - until I started exploring
Asterisk! ;-) It all looks ok within the browser...so may be the restore screws
up somewhere...may have to do a factory reset and start again....
Old January 2nd 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

NutCracker wrote:
|| On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:50:24 GMT, "Jono" wrote:
||| Do I take it that you're using your SPA for the registration?
|| Yes. I had it all working fine with the SPA - until I started
|| exploring Asterisk! ;-) It all looks ok within the browser...so may
|| be the restore screws up somewhere...may have to do a factory reset
|| and start again....

The best way to save your config, is perhaps using dualarrow's little
utility, although the horse has already bolted!

http://www.dualarrow.com

http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php...op=getit&lid=2

Anyway, when I tried to restore from an html file the way you're trying, it
all went pear shaped for me.

Have you tried, rather than restoring, doing a reset , then copy & pasting
each of your settings from the saved html files manually back to the sipura?