VoIP gateway + DECT answering machine

Old January 3rd 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr.Muppster

Default VoIP gateway + DECT answering machine

Hi all,

If I fit a cordless DECT phone c/w answering machine to my VoIP USB type
gateway, will the answer machine function as per landline calls?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers

Mr.M

Old January 3rd 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Mr.Muppster" wrote in
message k
Hi all,

If I fit a cordless DECT phone c/w answering machine to
my VoIP USB type gateway, will the answer machine
function as per landline calls?

Thanks for any input.

Yes, but a better solution would be an Ethernet-based ATA. I have an
instinctive dislike of any communications device that requires a PC to be
on to function.

Most if not all VoIP providers have a voicemail facility anyway so there
isn't really a need for a standalone answering device.

Ivor