All inclusive UK calls

Old January 3rd 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SidKnee

Default All inclusive UK calls

I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
NTL, my landline provider.

Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving? or
perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

Sid

Old January 3rd 06, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sidknee" wrote in message
news
I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
NTL, my landline provider.

Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving?
or perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

Sid

You could use www.voipstunt.com or www.sipdiscount.com

All calls to UK landlines are free of charge, no credit needed on voipstunt,
no connection charge.

You can use their software, or X-Lite, or an adapter (ATA) among others.

You could also get a free incoming geographic number from sipgate.co.uk, or
voip.co.uk (£10 credit needed)

Or you could ditch your package with NTL and use indirect access numbers for
1899.com or call18185.com or call18866.com. There's usually a connection
charge of around 3p but no cost per minute. This would allow you to make 483
calls before it cost more than £14.50.

Old January 3rd 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
"Sidknee" wrote in message
news
[...]

There is a cost per minute when using 1899 and 18185 from a cable line, the no
cost per minute is from BT lines.

Old January 3rd 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Jono:
"Sidknee" wrote in message
news
[...]

It's a while since I used them with the access number.

I checked the call18866 site only. My bad!

Old January 3rd 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in

There is a cost per minute when using 1899 and 18185 from a cable
line, the no cost per minute is from BT lines.

It's a while since I used them with the access number.

I checked the call18866 site only. My bad!

No worries. 18866 charge 1p/min + 4p when using their 0808 acess number, via
18866 access number it's 0p/min +4p

Old January 3rd 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:34:59 GMT, "Sidknee"
wrote:

I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
NTL, my landline provider.

Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving? or
perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

£14.50 per month for landline calls seems very expensive to me. At 4p
per call for 18866 calls, you would need to make 363 calls every month
to spend that much.

Unfortunately, as you are on NTL, that's not available to you, but
VOIP with someone like voip.co.uk at £20 per year (peak time calls 2p
per call, otherwise free) would be available.

Assume that 33% of your 363 monthly calls are weekday peak time, and
it will cost you £2.42 per month for the calls, plus £1.80 towards the
annual fee - that's a saving of around £10 per month, which should
help pay the £40 you'd pay for the ATA box you would need to us an
ordinary phone.

If you make fewer than 363 calls per month (very likely!) the savings
would be bigger.
--
Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html