Voip.co.uk, voicemail and other features

Old January 6th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

Default Voip.co.uk, voicemail and other features

I signed up with voip.co.uk at the end of last November and with the
exception of a brief period in December, have been without voicemail
services ever since (incoming calls don't divert to voicemail if my
allocated number is engaged, if I don't answer the incoming call or if
the MTA/broadband is offline). Enhanced voicemail is one of their
standard features.

I can dial the system #121 for 2 options (#2 to retrieve messages & #3
to manage my personal greetings) but neither is of much value,
currently, since the 'system' doesn't provide the 'where-with-all' for
any callers to leave a message!

Call quality is superb, but the lack of voicemail (and other 'features'
such as call-forwarding) is a real bind. Does anyone else, signed up
with voip.co.uk, have the same problems, or better still, have any
reliable information from voip.co.uk as to when they expect the service
to go fully functional?
Old January 6th 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 6 Jan 2006, PL writes
[...]

Join the club!

And I'm wondering what Trading Standards people might have to say in
view of their misleading statements on their webpage.

DF
Old January 6th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

David Floyd wrote:

Join the club!

And I'm wondering what Trading Standards people might have to say in
view of their misleading statements on their webpage.

DF

David

I'm not really interested in pursuing the TS's route because when
voip.co.uk eventually sort out the voicemail and roll out their T38
gateway and fax to email service, the overall package is going to hard
to better.

As it happens, I got an email from Theo earlier this evening and I've
been testing the voicemail, with a great deal of success. Incoming
calls (from my BT landline, 18866 carrier and mobile phones {02 and 3
networks}) were transfering to voicemail when the MTA was offline and if
not answered.

Progress. I'm pleased.
Old January 6th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

David Floyd wrote:

Join the club!

And I'm wondering what Trading Standards people might have to say in
view of their misleading statements on their webpage.

DF

David

I'm not really interested in pursuing the TS's route because when
voip.co.uk eventually sort out the voicemail and roll out their T38
gateway and fax to email service, the overall package is going to be
hard to better.

As it happens, I got an email from Theo earlier this evening and I've
been testing the voicemail, with a great deal of success. Incoming
calls (from my BT landline, with / without 18866 carrier and mobile

Old January 6th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:19:06 +0000, PL wrote:

David Floyd wrote:

Join the club!

And I'm wondering what Trading Standards people might have to say in
view of their misleading statements on their webpage.

DF

David

I'm not really interested in pursuing the TS's route because when
voip.co.uk eventually sort out the voicemail and roll out their T38
gateway and fax to email service, the overall package is going to hard
to better.

As it happens, I got an email from Theo earlier this evening and I've
been testing the voicemail, with a great deal of success. Incoming
calls (from my BT landline, 18866 carrier and mobile phones {02 and 3
networks}) were transfering to voicemail when the MTA was offline and if
not answered.

Progress. I'm pleased.

Well it's not working for me. Have been in contact with support and there still
looking into it (has been passed to their tech support chaps apparently).

Theo, if you your reading this, please get in contact - I'd like to get this
voicemail stuff sorted! (ticket number 461)

Old January 6th 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:23:31 +0000, PL
wrote:

David Floyd wrote:

Join the club!

And I'm wondering what Trading Standards people might have to say in
view of their misleading statements on their webpage.

DF

David

I'm not really interested in pursuing the TS's route because when
voip.co.uk eventually sort out the voicemail and roll out their T38
gateway and fax to email service, the overall package is going to be
hard to better.

As it happens, I got an email from Theo earlier this evening and I've
been testing the voicemail, with a great deal of success. Incoming
calls (from my BT landline, with / without 18866 carrier and mobile
phones {02 and 3 networks}) were transfering to voicemail when the MTA
was offline and if not answered.

Progress. I'm pleased.

I have never had voicemail working except if I disconnect my ATA. The
reliability of voip.co.uk seems to be good though and I am happy with
the pricing. When I tried the voicemail it was very basic - once the
mesage had been heard it automatically deleted leaving no opportunity
to listen again.
HOWEVER, having read this posting I have now retried what I have done
before in setting up my ATA for voicemail - and now IT WORKS !! at
last.
I set my ATA to divert to:

where XXX is the 3 digit voicemail ID number.
On the Sipura SPA-3000 you can set the following to the above setting:
Call Forwarding:-
Cfwd No Ans Dest:
AND
Cfwd Busy Dest:

Set 'Cfwd No Ans Delay:' to the delay time you want before the divert
to voicemail.

I also tried it without doing any settings. The voicemail works on 'no
answer' after one minute.

Then I tried entering 'fredbloggs' into the setting for 'Cfwd No Ans
Dest:' and it still diverted to voicemail after the period of time set
by 'Cfwd No Ans Delay:'
Conclusion: It doesn't matter what you enter for 'Cfwd No Ans Delay:'
providing you enter something - that way you can set the time delay
before divert occurs.

So, in short it is now working but still has the problem of auto
deleting.

Additionally I tried the selective call forwarding settings but
whatever I entered I still got the voicemail.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 7th 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

wrote:

David Floyd wrote:

[...]

Excellent news! I can confirm as well that the VoiceMail functionality is now
working for me (I also have the SPA-3000 and have configured as Brian has
above). I'm able to leave a message on no answer or when the VOIP line is in
use and calls get redirected to voicemail. I also receive an email indicating I
have voicemail that I'm able to download and listen to via the voip.co.uk
website.

What I'm still not able to do is dial 121 to check for messages. I don't get
the voicemail menu. So I believe there's still an outstanding issue - or I've
not configured something correctly ?

Brian, is 121 working for you ?

Old January 7th 06, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

Brian A wrote:

Set 'Cfwd No Ans Delay:' to the delay time you want before the divert
to voicemail.

I also tried it without doing any settings. The voicemail works on 'no
answer' after one minute.

You can alter the delay time to divert to voicemail in My Account
(voip.co.uk) through

Incoming Targets
List targets
Default Destination (double click) (your set up could be different here)
General
Timeout - set

I use a voip.co.uk MTA and currently have the delay set at 10 seconds

Old January 7th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:01:55 +0000, PL wrote:

Brian A wrote:

Set 'Cfwd No Ans Delay:' to the delay time you want before the divert
to voicemail.

I also tried it without doing any settings. The voicemail works on 'no
answer' after one minute.

You can alter the delay time to divert to voicemail in My Account
(voip.co.uk) through

Incoming Targets
List targets
General
Timeout - set

I use a voip.co.uk MTA and currently have the delay set at 10 seconds

Is anyone having problems making VOIP calls since some possible changes at
voip.co.uk end ? Any calls I make now get terminated within 40-50 seconds!

Arrghh!!

Old January 7th 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

NutCracker wrote:
|| On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:01:55 +0000, PL
|| wrote:
||| You can alter the delay time to divert to voicemail in My Account
||| (voip.co.uk) through
||| Incoming Targets
||| I use a voip.co.uk MTA and currently have the delay set at 10
||| seconds
|| Is anyone having problems making VOIP calls since some possible
|| changes at voip.co.uk end ? Any calls I make now get terminated
|| within 40-50 seconds!
|| Arrghh!!

Just had a successful 5 minute call. Very good quality audio.

I am getting cut off at random intervals with Voipstunt, though.