Voip.co.uk, voicemail and other features

Old January 6th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

Default Voip.co.uk, voicemail and other features

I signed up with voip.co.uk at the end of last November and with the
exception of a brief period in December, have been without voicemail
services the whole time (incoming calls don't divert to voicemail if my
allocated number is engaged, if I don't answer the incoming call or if
the MTA/broadband is offline). Enhanced voicemail is one of their
standard features.

I can dial the system #121 for 2 options (#2 to retrieve messages & #3
to manage my personal greetings) but neither is of much value,
currently, since the 'system' doesn't provide the 'where-with-all' for
any callers to leave a message!

Call quality is superb, but the lack of voicemail (and, for that matter,
other 'features' such as call-forwarding) is a real bind. Does anyone
else, signed up with voip.co.uk, have the same problems, or better
still, have any reliable information from voip.co.uk as to when they
expect the service to go fully functional?
Old January 9th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
tested.
Old January 9th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"PL" wrote in message
As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
tested.

If I click on my telephone number under DDI control (IIRC) I am presented
with a set of choices to divert if unavailable.

Is this the feature you mean?

Old January 9th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 9 Jan 2006, PL writes
As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
tested.

Not according to http://voip.co.uk/resident.html

so where did you read that?

David
Old January 9th 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Jono writes

"PL" wrote in message
As far as call forwarding is concerned, voip.co.uk say that it is
currently listed as an 'experimental feature' and is being still being
tested.

If I click on my telephone number under DDI control (IIRC) I am presented
with a set of choices to divert if unavailable.

Is this the feature you mean?

I tried entering my home PSTN number in the 'Unavail Divert Number' box
(the only one offered), but nothing happened (as far divert was
concerned) when I rang my voip number from my mobile. Voicemail
eventually answered.

David