VoipCheap down

Old January 7th 06, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

Default VoipCheap down

For a couple of days the VoipCheap website has been down, and, more
important, I now cannot log in with their softphone. Should I have
taken their company name 'BetaMax' as a warning?
Old January 7th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html is working for me.

Old January 7th 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Nick" wrote in message
For a couple of days the VoipCheap website has been down, and, more
important, I now cannot log in with their softphone. Should I have
taken their company name 'BetaMax' as a warning?

Not been down here, (Nottingham area), I can access the website OK, and
make and receive calls.

Old January 7th 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:22:22 GMT, "GwG"
wrote:

"Nick" wrote in message
.. .
For a couple of days the VoipCheap website has been down, and, more
important, I now cannot log in with their softphone. Should I have
taken their company name 'BetaMax' as a warning?

Not been down here, (Nottingham area), I can access the website OK, and
make and receive calls.

Strange! I can see their sister companies' sites (VoipBuster, Stunt)
ok. Perhaps a DNS problem then (I am in Cyprus).
Old January 8th 06, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 14:55:43 GMT, wrote:

make and receive calls.

Not down here either in Lancashire working fine .

Thanks guys, I've emailed my ISP.
Old January 8th 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 09:38:26 +0200, Nick
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 14:55:43 GMT, wrote:

make and receive calls.

Not down here either in Lancashire working fine .

Thanks guys, I've emailed my ISP.

That was quick! They replied they had changed the DNS without telling
me, I changed my network setup and now Deep Joy!
Old January 8th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:20:42 +0000, Paul Cupis
wrote:

me, I changed my network setup and now Deep Joy!

Your ISP changed recursive DNS without telling you? Which ISP, please?

Wavespeed (but I forgive them, Cyprus is small)