Any other company than Sipgate that allocates local UK numbers

Old January 8th 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Unknown Artist

Default Any other company than Sipgate that allocates local UK numbers

Some time ago I set up a local number with Sipgate but something
seemed to go wrong with the setup at their end. There did seem to be a
glitch with their web page when I initially signed up. I installed
their X-Lite software phone but whenever the number is called it
simply gives an engaged tone. My account is fully registered and I can
log in and confirm the number is mine.

I know it is not my ADSL/Firewall because my son also signed up and
when we run his X-Lite software phone program on my computer it works
perfectly. It all points to a configuration problem at Sipgates end. I
have tried emailing their tech support but all I am getting back are
generic messages telling me to check things that I know are not wrong.
I have just about given up with them now.

Is there another company that allocates UK local numbers with their
accounts that I can subscribe to. Any help welcome.

Thanks.

Bert.

Old January 8th 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Unknown Artist" wrote in message
idual.de...
[...]

Are you saying that your son's credentials work on your PC - the only two
items you change in X-lite are the username and password?

If that's the case, then it does point to being a problem at Sipgate's end -
I am surprised they've not fixed it, though, if you've let them know.

Can your son call you using your Sipgate 7 digit ID number, from his PC? Are
you having problems from the PSTN=Sipgate, Sipgate=Sipgate or both?

Why not just sign up for another Sipgate number & see if that works?

Another company that offers free PSTN numbers is voip.co.uk - you do have to
credit the account with a minimum of 10 AFAIR.

Sipdiscount, Voipbuster and others are also offering numbers, although from
a seemingly much smaller pool of numbers. (If you don't live in Birmingham,
you get an 056 number)

Old January 8th 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

[...]

I have had very good responses from Sipgate, and problems sorted out,
have you tried filling in the technical support form on the following
link:-
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.p...f3f43a0cd2720b

Old January 8th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Unknown Artist

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 14:12:09 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

Are you saying that your son's credentials work on your PC - the only two
items you change in X-lite are the username and password?

Yes, that is correct.

If that's the case, then it does point to being a problem at Sipgate's end -
I am surprised they've not fixed it, though, if you've let them know.

I have tried again and am awaiting a response. To be honest the last
response I got from them led me to loose interest for a while.

Why not just sign up for another Sipgate number & see if that works?

I have done and it works fine. I really would like to original number
though because I was the first person on my exchange to apply for one
several months ago and it is xxxxx 828000

Another company that offers free PSTN numbers is voip.co.uk - you do have to
credit the account with a minimum of 10 AFAIR.

Thanks for all the help. I'll persevere with Sipgate support. Maybe
the last person who responded to me was having a bad day.

Bert.

Old January 8th 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Unknown Artist

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:08:50 GMT, "GwG"
wrote:

I have had very good responses from Sipgate, and problems sorted out,
have you tried filling in the technical support form on the following
link:-
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.p...f3f43a0cd2720b

Thanks for the info. See my reply to Jono just above.

I have used the link before and have tried again earlier today.
Fingers crossed, as the problem does seem to be at their end.

Bert.

Old January 8th 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Unknown Artist" wrote in message
idual.de

[snip]

Thanks for all the help. I'll persevere with Sipgate
support. Maybe the last person who responded to me was
having a bad day.

Contact me off group.

Ivor
ivor at g6urp dot co dot uk