More information on 'Skype' and VOIP generally please!

Old January 8th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default More information on 'Skype' and VOIP generally please!

Steve wrote:
|| Mike wrote...
|| "With the increasing availability of broadband in hotels, either
|| "free" or at little additional cost, I now take a Skype handset and
|| laptop with me to hotels and find it works very well."
|| Could someone please enlighten me on this subject. What is required
|| in terms of hardware, software and contracts in order to be able to
|| take advantage of this?
|| I call overseas using 18185 for extremely low rates, but could I
|| really obtain 'free' calls?

You're not quite in the right place.

Head on over to uk.telecom.voip

There are a great many VoIP offerings giving free calls from IP to IP, some
also giving it free from IP to normal phones.

Checkout www.voipostunt.com for free calls to landlines in many countries
and www.sipgate.co.uk for a free inbound SIP & PSTN geographic number.

x-posted to uk.t.v

Old January 8th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono wrote:
|| You're not quite in the right place.
|| Head on over to uk.telecom.voip
|| There are a great many VoIP offerings giving free calls from IP to
|| IP, some also giving it free from IP to normal phones.
|| Checkout www.voipostunt.com for free calls to landlines in many
|| countries and www.sipgate.co.uk for a free inbound SIP & PSTN
|| geographic number.
|| x-posted to uk.t.v

voipostunt?

meant www.voipstunt.com , clearly!

Old January 8th 06, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...

voipostunt?

That's next week ;-)

Old January 9th 06, 01:08 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Dexter:
Checkout www.voipostunt.com for free calls to landlines in many countries

The good.
and www.sipgate.co.uk for a free inbound SIP & PSTN geographic number.
The bad .
Where is the ugly ? .

Have you got a mirror ?
;-)
Regards,
Martin

Old January 9th 06, 04:27 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Martyn Dewar

wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:50:59 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

Checkout
www.voipostunt.com for free calls to landlines in many countries

The good.

and www.sipgate.co.uk for a free inbound SIP & PSTN geographic number.

The bad .
Where is the ugly ? .

http://www.plus.net/plustalk

There.
Old January 9th 06, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart

"Martyn Dewar" wrote in message

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:50:59 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

Checkout
www.voipostunt.com for free calls to landlines in many

countries

The good.

and www.sipgate.co.uk for a free inbound SIP & PSTN geographic number.

The bad .
Where is the ugly ? .

http://www.plus.net/plustalk

There.

Looking at the international rates on http://www.plus.net/plustalk these are
more expensive than with e.g. Call18866 to Czech rep. And what does "from"
2.5p per min mean ?
Roman