DrayTEK Vigor2900VG - VOIP router

Old January 10th 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default DrayTEK Vigor2900VG - VOIP router

has anyone successfully used the VOIP features of the DrayTEK
Vigor2900VG? I have no ATA and want to be able to connect a regular
phone to the router with any regular VOIP company (vonage, sipgate, etc
- not skype).

how about the router as a whole - is it worth the money?

I remember reading on usenet that the earlier models of this had issues
with the audio

--
thanks,
Ash

Old January 11th 06, 03:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

I have the 2600VGi and have no problems using sipgate, voipbuster, FWD or
Draytel.
Even managed to set up QoS to give priority to SIP traffic. However I can't
get sipdiscount to work,
(though I got it to work on a Zyxel 2602HWL).
One feature that doesn't work is using one phone to operate both lines,
though the software caters for it.
Regards,
Martin

Old January 11th 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alex

wrote in message
oups.com...
has anyone successfully used the VOIP features of the DrayTEK
Vigor2900VG? I have no ATA and want to be able to connect a regular
phone to the router with any regular VOIP company (vonage, sipgate, etc
- not skype).

how about the router as a whole - is it worth the money?

I remember reading on usenet that the earlier models of this had issues
with the audio

--
thanks,
Ash

Mine worked pretty much out of the box, I just put my sipgate settings into
it. I use sipgate on one line, then voipstunt on another. At one point I
also had a FWD line active. Sipdiscount does not work on any drayteks (from
reading in the forums) however as voipstunt works and does not even require
the 5euro credit, this is the better alternative anyhow. I have my old ata
which used to be connected to the router to use sipdiscount, however have
now ditched that to use voipstunt on on of the drayteks lines.

Alex